Start-all programs-accessories missing

November 7, 2004 4:58:24 PM

The folder accessories and its sub-folders have disappeared
from my start-all programs-menu.

Thank you for your help.
Anonymous
November 8, 2004 9:54:08 AM

Go to CONTROL PANEL click on ADD PROGRAMS then click on ADD MICROSOFT
COMPOMENTS see ACCESSORIES make sure it is checked

"Doug" wrote:

> The folder accessories and its sub-folders have disappeared
> from my start-all programs-menu.
>
> Thank you for your help.

Anonymous
November 8, 2004 6:15:40 PM

Thank you for your suggestion. I checked and the
accessories box is checked. Good suggestion though.

Thanks,
Doug
November 9, 2004 4:23:57 AM

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 13:58:24 -0800, Doug wrote:

> The folder accessories and its sub-folders have disappeared
> from my start-all programs-menu.
>
> Thank you for your help.

The folders on the start menu can be moved around using drag and drop. It's
possible that this has happened accidentally and that the folder is simply
misplaced.

Try using Start> Search to look for "All files or folders" named
Accessories. If found, you can drag the item from the search results window
to the start button. Pause with the mouse to let the start menu pop up.
Pause again over All Programs. In the first column, where Accessories is
usually listed, drop the Accessories folder.

You can also right click within this column and use Sort By Name to get
Accessories back up towards the top to the list.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Thank you for your help. Your suggestion worked very well.
There was one odd thing. Dragging the folder to the All
Programs menu added a shortcut. When I tried to rename the
shortcut from "Shortcut to Accessories" to "Accessories",
I got a duplicate folder message. There is an Accessories
in the directory Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
Menu\Programs because that is the one I dragged to the All
Programs menu. That directory also contains the
Administrative folder which appears on the start menu as a
folder and not a shortcut. There is some little quirk that
is causing Accessories not to be recognized. Your
suggestion will certainly suffice and I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Doug
!