Start-all programs-accessories missing

The folder accessories and its sub-folders have disappeared
from my start-all programs-menu.

Thank you for your help.
4 answers Last reply
More about start programs accessories missing

    Go to CONTROL PANEL click on ADD PROGRAMS then click on ADD MICROSOFT
    COMPOMENTS see ACCESSORIES make sure it is checked

    "Doug" wrote:

    > The folder accessories and its sub-folders have disappeared
    > from my start-all programs-menu.
    >
    > Thank you for your help.

    Thank you for your suggestion. I checked and the
    accessories box is checked. Good suggestion though.

    Thanks,
    Doug

    On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 13:58:24 -0800, Doug wrote:

    > The folder accessories and its sub-folders have disappeared
    > from my start-all programs-menu.
    >
    > Thank you for your help.

    The folders on the start menu can be moved around using drag and drop. It's
    possible that this has happened accidentally and that the folder is simply
    misplaced.

    Try using Start> Search to look for "All files or folders" named
    Accessories. If found, you can drag the item from the search results window
    to the start button. Pause with the mouse to let the start menu pop up.
    Pause again over All Programs. In the first column, where Accessories is
    usually listed, drop the Accessories folder.

    You can also right click within this column and use Sort By Name to get
    Accessories back up towards the top to the list.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    Thank you for your help. Your suggestion worked very well.
    There was one odd thing. Dragging the folder to the All
    Programs menu added a shortcut. When I tried to rename the
    shortcut from "Shortcut to Accessories" to "Accessories",
    I got a duplicate folder message. There is an Accessories
    in the directory Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
    Menu\Programs because that is the one I dragged to the All
    Programs menu. That directory also contains the
    Administrative folder which appears on the start menu as a
    folder and not a shortcut. There is some little quirk that
    is causing Accessories not to be recognized. Your
    suggestion will certainly suffice and I appreciate your help.

    Thanks,
    Doug

Accessories Microsoft Windows XP