Help!!! Assassin's Creed Crashing during vids

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
July 23, 2008 1:14:38 AM

Ok here's the thing.

I bought the game a few days ago and I've been having problems with it ever since. I know its got a lot of bugs but at least most folks can get through it.

When I first bought it, I installed it and it wouldn't get through the first lab video. Then, I took it back, got a new copy and reinstalled the game. Got through that vid ok but the next one gave me trouble. Well I barely got through that vid and Jerusalem gave me its share of crashes but I got through it. Now I can't get through the lab video that's just after Jerusalem.

My system config:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.31 GHz
2 GB OCZ Platinum Rev 2 DDR2 800
160gb hdd
HD Radeon 2600XT 256mb GDDR4
Thermaltake Pure Power Version 2 500w

All temp are normal if not cooler. Any help is appreciated.

More about : assassin creed crashing vids

July 23, 2008 2:35:26 AM

Did you update the game with the patch? Are you using new current video drivers? Do all your other games act normally?
July 23, 2008 2:31:11 PM

Yes I installed the latest patch and I have the latest Catalyst 8.6 drivers. And the Crysis demo crashes in the first part where the alien hits you.

I just built the computer and I don't have very many games.
Related resources
July 23, 2008 5:48:57 PM

There is Catalyst 8.7 out now You know. Also is windows up to date? You say You recently built Your PC, what voltage is RAM running at, You probably need 2.1V, by default it would be at 1.8V. Since it crashes at videos it might be also wrong video codecs installed.
July 23, 2008 9:08:04 PM

ainarssems said:
There is Catalyst 8.7 out now You know. Also is windows up to date? You say You recently built Your PC, what voltage is RAM running at, You probably need 2.1V, by default it would be at 1.8V. Since it crashes at videos it might be also wrong video codecs installed.

That's true very true. I haven't installed any video codecs. Also I'm running the ram @ 2.00V. Thanks for the help. I'll try what you said
July 24, 2008 12:53:39 AM

Thanks for the help guys but just "flingered" out that it's the grfx card. Tried a different ati card with the same drivers and it works fine just a little slower. (slower card)
!