Problems to boot with Asus A7N8X

Hello everybody,
I've got an Asus A7N8X Mainboard with a Samsung ram module 333. Sometimes when I want to start the computer after a long period(24h) he had been off, the computer freezes with the messages: "Detecting your IDE Drives". If I make a cold start by pressing the on/off button, the computer mostly works then. First I thought I was a ram timing setting problem but the bios is adjust at optimal.
I don't know what to do, perhaps the problem are the harddiscs. How can I solve this problem...

I would be glad for an answer...thx

Mathias
2 answers Last reply
More about problems boot asus a7n8x
  1. I just got mine so I don't know for sure. but on most mobo's I've had, you can predefine the drives in the bios so it doesn't have to detect them every time. Maybe that will fix it, or maybe lead you down a different road.

---------------------------------------
    phr0Ze

I've been hiding in the shadows @ THG since 97.
    AMD1800/768MB/9700Pro/Dragon+/240GigRaid0/DoubleWide with Redundant 350watt
  2. I'm not sure if it's possible with the symptoms you give, but maybe you have a low voltage level on the power supply to the drives preventing them from spinning up? You say hardisks so I assume you have more than 1, and I doubt 2 would fail at the same time.

Wouldn't hurt to double check your master/slave settings too. Maybe try disableing the SATA if you haven't.

Good Luck,
    chad
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus RAM Computer