XP Home with no office software yet

XP home os came installed with the computer. There is no office software.
Where can I purchase online and download?
3 answers Last reply
More about home office software

    While you may be able to purchase MS Office online, you can't
    download/install it: You must install via the Office CDs.

    Try your local Staples or OfficeMax stores.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

    "PA Bear" wrote:

    > While you may be able to purchase MS Office online, you can't
    > download/install it: You must install via the Office CDs.
    >
    > Try your local Staples or OfficeMax stores.
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)
    >
    > AnnOfc wrote:
    > > XP home os came installed with the computer. There is no office software.
    > > Where can I purchase online and download?

    It was a low price, I'll bet. You can get OpenOffice (not Microsoft) but
    free at http://www.openoffice.org/ It works well and many files are
    compatible with MS Office programs.

    AnnOfc wrote:
    > XP home os came installed with the computer. There is no office software.
    > Where can I purchase online and download?

    Hi;

    You can download a 60-day Trial version of MS Office Standard from this
    website:
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/trial/default.mspx

    Then at any time during (or after) the 60-day Trial you can purchase a
    Permanent retail key online by following the instructions in the FAQ:
    https://microsoft.order-6.com/officestandardedition/faq.htm or in the
    software itself. You will need a credit card to purchase the key online;
    you can also purchase the same edition at a retail outlet and just use the
    key you get with that to permanently activate your Trial version (that will
    probably save you about $50.00).

    Note that the Office Standard version does not contain all the stuff that is
    in the Professional version. You can compare them here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/compare.mspx

    Alternatively you can purchase the full product outright from here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/default.mspx but as others
    have stated you will be able to find the same version cheaper at various
    retail outlets.

    --

    ....Sky

Office Software Microsoft Windows XP