Blizzard Announces BlizzCon Dates for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I hope they fix the ticket system they have this year. Last years was uber lame and sold out within minutes after going live. :\

G

I swear to god. This better not mean SC2 is coming out in October. I have the BETA, but ffs.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Rip off from Quakefest where you could LAN your rigs together. Last time I checked Starcraft II will be tied down to Blizzard Servers to play online, and hopefully not offline as well. While Starcraft is still my favorite RTS I will not be buying II until I can get the whole game. Releasing it in 3 parts is a rip off.

G

Uhh.. Well at least it's in Anaheim. Don't got to make that trip to UCI.

Rickyw972

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Its the same thing every year, I went 3 years in a row. Dont waste your time if you have been once, unless you live near there anyways I suppose or if you are really bent on meeting your guildmates. Id rather have a guild function in vegas or something :D

Rickyw972

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
By the same thing every year I mean... Way too many people for the event, you have to show up to everything 30mins early if you want a seat, an hour if you want good seats... 2hours if its the main event of the night. Long lines for food, long lines for opening day, long lines to try out the games.

Arcum

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2004
Well the first part of Starcraft 2 is 30 missions, which is more than most RTS games. It will also be of much higher quality (looking at Sup Com 2, C&C 4 here), so it should be WELL worth it.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]Rickyw972[/nom]Its the same thing every year, I went 3 years in a row. Dont waste your time if you have been once, unless you live near there anyways I suppose or if you are really bent on meeting your guildmates. Id rather have a guild function in vegas or something[/citation]

I MUST COLLECT MORE PETS!

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
I wonder if these games are relly that good? I never played SC, Diablo, or WoW. But they sure do have a huge fan base. Maybe ill get down on SC2 when it arrives.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]Rip off from Quakefest where you could LAN your rigs together. Last time I checked Starcraft II will be tied down to Blizzard Servers to play online, and hopefully not offline as well. While Starcraft is still my favorite RTS I will not be buying II until I can get the whole game. Releasing it in 3 parts is a rip off.[/citation]

Looks like you'll be skipping Starcraft 2 then.

dasper

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]Rip off from Quakefest where you could LAN your rigs together. Last time I checked Starcraft II will be tied down to Blizzard Servers to play online, and hopefully not offline as well. While Starcraft is still my favorite RTS I will not be buying II until I can get the whole game. Releasing it in 3 parts is a rip off.[/citation]

Ha! Then you are the one that will be missing out for quite a while, probably a few years. The whole idea of 3 installments is to make the single player that much longer. After all, you know they are planning expansions so think of it as them announcing 2 guaranteed expansions. But, I am biased. I have gone to two BlizzCons and am in the Beta for SC2 (Gold ladder, woot!) Also, BlizzCon is not a fragfest like quakecon and I would advise people if they do not like long lines or care about the atmosphere then they can watch the panels streaming online. If you are not A WoW fan then that is when you can play all the demos because 70% of the audience is in the auditorium.

Status
Not open for further replies.