Upgraded 98 to xp, causes only 4 bit color and only lowest..

Hello. Have a Compaq Presario 5610 and upgraded from 98 to xp. The
screen suddenly only has 4 bit color and the lowest possible
resolution. It is
not useable. Compuater has standard AGP 2x rage graphics card. Display
control panel said something I did not understand about 2 monitors
when I tried to set colors and resolution. All options were grayed
out, could not change them.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim

re: Upgrade 98 to xp causes 4 bit color and only lowest screen
resolution

Jim;
Go to the manufacturers website and get the latest Windows XP video
drivers.
If the video card came with the computer go to Compaq.
While at Compaq, you may need to get other Windows XP drivers.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Jim Kroger" <kroger@princeton.edu> wrote in message
> Hello. Have a Compaq Presario 5610 and upgraded from 98 to xp. The
> screen suddenly only has 4 bit color and the lowest possible
> resolution. It is
> not useable. Compuater has standard AGP 2x rage graphics card.
> Display
> control panel said something I did not understand about 2 monitors
> when I tried to set colors and resolution. All options were grayed
> out, could not change them.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Jim
>

> re: Upgrade 98 to xp causes 4 bit color and only lowest screen
> resolution

Many thanks for your help, Jupiter.

Jim