Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

games not coming to pc???

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 23, 2008 11:31:41 PM

i see that we still don't have gta IV for pc, it doesn't appear we are going to be able to get rock band 2 or the new guitar heroes for pc, apparently we can't buy madden 09 for pc this year?

i just sunk nearly $5000 into a new computer to play games, which i can't play on this platform now and to watch tv and apparently there is no way to watch had on a computer if it's not a local channel???

why am i getting so screwed?

More about : games coming

July 24, 2008 12:22:08 AM

You didn't do enough research before you made your purchase, you screwed yourself.
July 24, 2008 1:42:29 AM

You're always going to get screwed if you look for CONSOLE games in your PC, because everyone knows there isn't a single good pc-exculsive game out there. I mean there are games out there but they're made by companies who have never ever made anything remotely good... you know those jokers at Valve, Activision-Blizzard, Westwood, Gas Powered Games, and Relic who have never released anything even remotely good in their existence.
Related resources
July 24, 2008 1:45:07 AM

i feel as though there may be a bit of undertone to these comments, but can anyone add anything useful? pc had guitar hero three, why is that the apparent end? i believe we've had madden for 19 straight years until this year, why not this year?
July 24, 2008 1:54:51 AM

Why would you want to play Madden? Particularly on a PC?

Seriously, there are tons of awesome games on the PC and tons more still coming. Surely you didn't pay 5 grand to get a Madden and rock band box... If so why the hell didn't you get a 360?
July 24, 2008 2:55:54 AM

infornography42 said:

Seriously, there are tons of awesome games on the PC and tons more still coming. Surely you didn't pay 5 grand to get a Madden and rock band box... If so why the hell didn't you get a 360?


:sol: 
July 24, 2008 3:41:14 AM

I'm sure Madden 2009 for PC would have been the PS2 version.
July 24, 2008 4:11:19 AM

$5000 on a gaming PC and you are talking about console titles!?!?!?!? Guess you just need to get a console. prices are dropping fast. Lots of $$$ but little foresight.........
July 24, 2008 5:43:54 AM

um, i'm just wondering, why did you pay that much for a gaming quality pc when you're just going to play console games? consoles are what, between 300-500? (i don't pay much attention to consoles.)

on topic: look for games made by the companies that Kraynor mentioned. half-life/orange box, call of duty 4, company of heroes to name a few. they're all greats. if you want to push your machine you can try crysis.
July 24, 2008 5:56:57 AM

500 Bucks for a PC? How on earth did you do that? Gold rims or what? And that to play console stuff?

OMG
July 24, 2008 8:06:51 AM

Hi,

I would consider it quite likely that GTAIV will come out to PC within six months or so.
There are lots of great PC exclusive games out there, but it all depends on your personal taste. If you are mostly into sports games and simple action games, PC is not the best platform for you.
Many PC games, especially the exclusive titles tend to be more serious games with deeper gameplay and longer learning curves. For example, most racing games on consoles are arcade style, there are no hardcore simulators at all. On the PC you get the arcade games as well as the sims. In terms of strategy games, you can forget about them on the consoles, PC is the domain of strategy. Most RTS and turn-based strategy games come out for the PC only. And don't forget that you can get gamepads for the PC as well, exactly the same models as for XBOX and PS. People often say something like "

My recommendation would be:

Sports, arcade driving and action games -> Get a console
Strategy, simulators, adventure -> Get a PC

July 24, 2008 12:03:06 PM

C'mon, it's got to be pre built. Someone who spends that much on a gaming PC to play console games will need help turning one on, nevermind building one.

From posting this same thing in other threads, to starting his own thread, I'm starting to think this guy is a troll. No one can be this dumb.
July 24, 2008 1:26:44 PM

Yeah I noticed that too, mothhive. I replied to the very same post (almost word for word, if not exactly) on another thread, and now it shows up as its own new thread. I even responded like everyone else has been... "why buy a good PC for console games?"
July 24, 2008 1:28:54 PM

Have a little patience. Many top titles eventually make their way to the PC. I guess that's just one of the advantages of being an adult. Waiting six months for a game is no big deal. And if it never comes I know I'll find something else.
July 24, 2008 2:46:12 PM

purplerat said:
Many top titles eventually make their way to the PC.


I hope The Force Unleashed is a top title...
July 24, 2008 3:44:32 PM

Isn't the news on Lucas Arts that they are done with games after force unleashed? That is of course hoping that title doesn't get scrapped all together.
July 24, 2008 3:56:23 PM

purplerat said:
Isn't the news on Lucas Arts that they are done with games after force unleashed?


I sure hope not!
July 24, 2008 6:37:35 PM

physx7 said:
I sure hope not!


They were demoing this Indiana Jones game with a sort of Physx Engine...


Well George Lucas can now retire - hes made his millions....


Shame he cant make the rest of us happy with mediocre prequals and sequals and make games which are worthy of the Idiana / Starwars franchise.......

I hope George gets a gas attack and craps his pants..... Cos thats what Lucas Arts seems to be doing to us...

They at one time was the best games company out there period...


We are so waiting for a new X-wing / Tie Fighter game, maybe a good mmo as starwars galaxy was crap.

We all want to be Jedi's again dont we and the last we did that good was in a Lego version..
July 24, 2008 6:46:56 PM

I loved JK3.....
July 24, 2008 8:04:18 PM

$5000 on a PC....welcome to the pre-build PC world.
July 24, 2008 8:22:46 PM

Quote:
why am i getting so screwed?

Because you bought something you don't know how to use. I just re-read the second part about not being able to watch anything other than local stations on your PC. Ever hear of cable? The way you're whining about your purchase after the fact rather than asking for help I think it's pretty safe to assume that you never bothered to ask any before you dropped $5000 on what I'd guess is probably $2000 worth of PC.
July 24, 2008 8:47:23 PM

LOL
July 24, 2008 9:14:19 PM

Is there any tools on the site to vote whole threads down out of existence...?? Now that would be a useful tool!!

Bob

July 24, 2008 9:37:43 PM

bobwya said:
Is there any tools on the site to vote whole threads down out of existence...?? Now that would be a useful tool!!

Bob



Yeah they would be usefull on AMD fanboi's with nothing but complete hatred for anything Intel does...

But thats another matter....


Hey PC owners buy a console cos there is a low on new pc games comming out...

Me, my self just cant wait for Sims 3.....
July 24, 2008 9:39:59 PM

axlrose said:
i see that we still don't have gta IV for pc, it doesn't appear we are going to be able to get rock band 2 or the new guitar heroes for pc, apparently we can't buy madden 09 for pc this year?

i just sunk nearly $5000 into a new computer to play games, which i can't play on this platform now and to watch tv and apparently there is no way to watch had on a computer if it's not a local channel???

why am i getting so screwed?



Screwed...

If you paid $5000 for a gaming system,, you must feel as screwed as a single female with a whole soccer team lined up...

Thats how screwed you got on that one buddy...

The games that are not comming out is a kiss in comparison..
July 24, 2008 11:11:47 PM

ok i just did a rough and i mean a rough estimate of your specs and i came out to just over $1800 and thats not including a case which in any case(no pun intended) cost no more than $200 unless you super leet and like to get top $$ stuff(which by the looks of thing you already are; I guess). so grand total is $2000 ROUGHLY. ok add another $400 if you have a 2nd gfx cards and u are running them in SLI. anything else im forgetting please correct me. i would like to know what the "GRAND TOTAL" is.

here check it out:

EVGA gtx 280 ftw / EVGA 790i ultra mb / q9450 yorkfield cpu / ocz platinum 2x2gb 12800 ram / zalman 1000w psu / 500gb seagate barracuda hd / pioneer blue-ray/dvd/cd drive / zalman 9500 hs/fan

anybody up for a second opinion? ;) 
July 24, 2008 11:34:17 PM

Could be a custom built case made out of $100 bills. An EVGA GTX 280 ftw ("for the wealthy" edition)? OCZ platinum RAM, actually made with platinum? Those would pretty much explain it. :) 
July 25, 2008 12:14:10 AM

Throw in a 72" monitor along with a 360.45 (imagine the bass off that :o ) sound system and you might get somewhere close :p 
Anonymous
July 25, 2008 2:07:06 AM

to build (essentially) the best system you can for the money takes no more than 2000 $... sure you can increase the performance with say... another gpu or something... but for a smaller % increase compared to the price... so 2000 = top money i'll ever pay for a comp
July 25, 2008 2:15:17 PM

@ axlrose,

What exactly are your specs?
July 25, 2008 2:23:36 PM

Taken from his profile:

EVGA gtx 280 ftw / EVGA 790i ultra mb / q9450 yorkfield cpu / ocz platinum 2x2gb 12800 ram / zalman 1000w psu / 500gb seagate barracuda hd / pioneer blue-ray/dvd/cd drive / zalman 9500 hs/fan
July 25, 2008 2:25:50 PM

Troll... This spammer is just looking to perpetuate the myth that PCs are insanely priced and also useless for gaming - bah. No way does someone drop 5k for a rig and complain about not being able to play console titles.
July 25, 2008 3:15:19 PM

you could easily pay 5K for a PC if you have all top parts but the rig shown above isn't it.
2 Nvidia 280's 1200.00
1 core extreme 1000.00
raid 5 using 1TB drives close to 800.00 there
top of the line MB around 300.00
4 gigs Low latency DDR3 close to 200.00
Good Water Cooling about 160.00
Top of the line sound card is about 200.00
1000W pwr supply close to 300.00

Still not quite 5K but as you can see, it's quite possible.
July 25, 2008 6:51:00 PM

Quote:
No way does someone drop 5k for a rig and complain about not being able to play console titles.

Had a guy tell me in another thread yesterday that a 9800GTX, 8gigs of RAM and a Q9450 was a sub par system and it would take a $10K system to really blow away what a console could do.
July 25, 2008 7:26:44 PM

Purplerat, thank you for giving me my comedy fix for the day! I always love it when people are too stupid to know how things work and then argue about it. Or maybe he was talking about the PS5...
July 25, 2008 9:03:05 PM

pmerritt said:
you could easily pay 5K for a PC if you have all top parts but the rig shown above isn't it.
2 Nvidia 280's 1200.00
1 core extreme 1000.00
raid 5 using 1TB drives close to 800.00 there
top of the line MB around 300.00
4 gigs Low latency DDR3 close to 200.00
Good Water Cooling about 160.00
Top of the line sound card is about 200.00
1000W pwr supply close to 300.00

Still not quite 5K but as you can see, it's quite possible.


Nahhhh

Put in 2x striped 32Gb Hyperdrives!! Nice little boot drive there!! Ouch: :cry: 
http://www.hyperossystems.co.uk/
That is :vip:  $5K :vip:  alone!!

It's never hard to spend money on a PC!

Bob
July 26, 2008 9:30:11 AM

NOVALOGIC im a fan of there cheat ridden games lmao but theyve re designed there game engine for there new title and hopefully with sigurd anti cheat it will stop all the noobs
Anonymous
July 26, 2008 2:59:39 PM

160 $ on good water cooling? wtf? how can you get water cooling that is good for that little.... I just specced out a water cooling loop... and it was like 500...
July 26, 2008 10:05:17 PM

Quote:
160 $ on good water cooling? wtf? how can you get water cooling that is good for that little.... I just specced out a water cooling loop... and it was like 500...


Sure you can spend $160.00 on a noob waterloop... A heap of junk from Thermaltake or Coolmaster that cools worse than a decent aircooled heatsink from the likes of Thermalright!! :lol:  :lol: 

Bob

July 27, 2008 6:41:30 AM

For years I put pc together and it would save alot of money rebates from tech bargins or slickdeals websites
I had highend
then highend with window lights looks power
Highend with modding and liquid cooling for mass OCing
For years I been turned off by pc sold in sotres due to all oem junk no names not so any more so I went with a setup that was good deal then added stuff to it after to finish.

I went for a $799 HP that I upgraded to $1678 but I had a $430 got for 1279+tax and added a few new parts.
ASUS MB intel chipset very decent loaded
Qc Q94504x2.666
6GB PC6400
HP only 9800GT 1GT
Deskstar 500GB SATA2----Added a 2nd one
LG B ray/HD/DVD DL
I replaced 385 stock w ps for 750 w
I added a 2nd set of Logitech Z5500 5.1 THX DD DTS DTS-ES Stereo1x2x on optical and Audigy 2 ZS plt Pro W/external hub
14k in 3D mark06 12by10

I mainly play FPS online with PC for the most part since 98 but in last 2 yrs I won a xbox new not 360 the one before it and a PS2 was given to me as gift and I went for the NWii and mainly I play sports on the 3 using a 40 HD 1080P Samsung with logitech Z5500 fps 4 ever on pc Y, KB!
July 27, 2008 7:56:50 AM

PCMAN said:
For years I put pc together and it would save alot of money rebates from tech bargins or slickdeals websites
I had highend
then highend with window lights looks power
Highend with modding and liquid cooling for mass OCing
For years I been turned off by pc sold in sotres due to all oem junk no names not so any more so I went with a setup that was good deal then added stuff to it after to finish.

I went for a $799 HP that I upgraded to $1678 but I had a $430 got for 1279+tax and added a few new parts.
ASUS MB intel chipset very decent loaded
Qc Q94504x2.666
6GB PC6400
HP only 9800GT 1GT
Deskstar 500GB SATA2----Added a 2nd one
LG B ray/HD/DVD DL
I replaced 385 stock w ps for 750 w
I added a 2nd set of Logitech Z5500 5.1 THX DD DTS DTS-ES Stereo1x2x on optical and Audigy 2 ZS plt Pro W/external hub
14k in 3D mark06 12by10

I mainly play FPS online with PC for the most part since 98 but in last 2 yrs I won a xbox new not 360 the one before it and a PS2 was given to me as gift and I went for the NWii and mainly I play sports on the 3 using a 40 HD 1080P Samsung with logitech Z5500 fps 4 ever on pc Y, KB!


this made no since at all. what was the point of the whole story?

ne-ways - i saw a pre-built PC at Best Buy and the best thing that it had was a Q6600 and a Lian-Li case cheap PNY ram and 8500GT with a card cooler; on-board sound and cheapo mobo and they were asking 1999.99 i was lol'n so hard i pissed myself.
July 27, 2008 8:20:18 AM

bobwya said:
Yeh... now you are talking... Get out the di-electric grease!!

BTW You don't see many Xbox 360's/ PS3's with that underneath... Sockin' it to yahh console lovers!! :crazy:  :crazy:  :crazy: 

Bob


amen!! if anything there water cooled. they either bought it or its a home made water cooled console.
July 28, 2008 7:53:08 AM

SnareSpectre said:
Purplerat, thank you for giving me my comedy fix for the day! I always love it when people are too stupid to know how things work and then argue about it. Or maybe he was talking about the PS5...


PS 5, they got to make a success of the PS3 yet...
July 29, 2008 2:12:16 AM

axlrose said:
i see that we still don't have gta IV for pc, it doesn't appear we are going to be able to get rock band 2 or the new guitar heroes for pc, apparently we can't buy madden 09 for pc this year?

i just sunk nearly $5000 into a new computer to play games, which i can't play on this platform now and to watch tv and apparently there is no way to watch had on a computer if it's not a local channel???

why am i getting so screwed?


Um.... because most console games suck and when ported to PC they suck harder. Except for GTA which GTAIV should be out for PC by October (patients remember?) as Rockstar rewrites all the GTAs for PC.

For now you will have to suffer through Crysis (better graphics than a console could ever do), COD4, HL2 (the whole series), TF2, Portal until they decide to release um.... Rockband??? For PC??? Bleh.

Sorry but you spent $5K and waisted about $3K all for crap titles.
July 30, 2008 10:42:07 PM

Well I'm going to play devil's advocate. I'm biased towards PC gaming, but if I was into sports games, racing games or Rock Band, why wouldn't I want to play those games on a PC rather than spend the extra $$$ on a console? (And typically the console titles cost more.)

The keyboard/mouse argument as to why some games aren't suited for PC never made sense to me. The PC can use a wide variety of gamepads, joysticks, fight sticks, steering wheels, etc. There's a PC controller available for any occassion, and the keyboard/mouse stuff can be left strictly for RTS type games.

And although it may be more associated with consoles, I would consider the GTA series to be one of my five all-time favorites. Also, I always use a gamepad when I play any GTA game on my PC.
July 31, 2008 12:01:03 AM

The reason not to buy a $5000 PC for a handful of games that are known to be predominantly console titles should be obvious.

IF he is a fan of other PC games then thats a different story, but then he wouldn't be complaining about being screwed because he would have plenty of awesome games to amuse him.

So a few titles don't come over, no big deal. He could easily have gotten a PC for $3500 that was just as powerful if not moreso than what he got and spent the rest on a good console and great TV.
!