Rudll error message

When I start up, I get the following error message: Rundll error loading
C:\program files\wild tangent\Apps\CDA\cdaengine0400.dll
--
John
2 answers Last reply

    Either you have removed this spyware from your machine and there is still a
    referrence to it in the registry or you still have the spyware on your
    machine and there is some other problem.

    Make sure Wild Tangent has been removed...

    WildTangent
    http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/wildtangent/index.phtml

    Remove WildTangent
    http://www.spyany.com/program/article_spw_rm_WildTangent.html

    Open the registry editor (Click Start | Run, type regedit). Locate the
    following key:
    In the right pane, find and delete the following entries ( if they exists):

    wcmdmgr
    wt gamechannel
    ddcm

    Close registry editor.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:FB27A271-2E0B-443E-9627-3ED75FAF6480@microsoft.com,
    John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    John wrote:
    > When I start up, I get the following error message: Rundll error loading
    > C:\program files\wild tangent\Apps\CDA\cdaengine0400.dll

    Hi, John;

    You have been infested with the WildTangent spyware. Boot into Safe Mode
    and attempt to remove Wild Tangent from the Control Panel/Add&Remove
    Programs list. If that doesn't work, you may need to download and install
    something like AdAware, HiJackThis, or PestPatrol to clean your system. If
    you are not familiar with programs of that type, I suggest you start here
    (http://aumha.org/a/health.htm) and read about ways to protect yourself and
    follow the links to have your system checked and to download helper
    programs. Pay special attention to this page:
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    --

    ....Sky

Microsoft Error Message Rundll Windows XP