Sign in with
Your question

Pc spec needed to run games like supreme commander?

Last response: in Video Games
Anonymous
July 24, 2008 12:16:45 PM

Im looking for a pc spec that would be able to run demanding games such as supreme commander
July 24, 2008 12:50:30 PM

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Microsoft(r) Windows(r) XP Service Pack 2, Vista
• 1.8 GHz processor
• 512 MB RAM
• 8 GB available hard drive space
• 128 MB video RAM or greater, with DirectX 9 Vertex Shader / Pixel Shader 2.0 support
• Sound card, speakers or headphones
• 56.6 Kbps Internet connection required.

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
3.0 GHz Intel or equivalent AMD processor or better
• 1 GB RAM or better
• 10 GB available hard drive space
• 256 MB video RAM,
with DirectX 9 Vertex Shader / Pixel Shader 2.0 support (Nvidia 6800 or better)
• Internet connection with Cable/DSL speeds
Note: recommended specifications provide optimal experience for single player and up to 4 player/medium size map multiplayer.

F!F!S : cant people just google anymore.
Guys - posting without thinking the post through isnt going to provide you with helpful responses.

Did you mean - could you recommend a graphics card or how much ram etc?
The game is EXTREMELY CPU heavy and utilises quads. Also can use DX10 and 64bit OS natively. Supports dual screens to. A good GPU is recommended too for the engines good effects and models. But focus on the CPU.

July 24, 2008 12:50:56 PM

Modern quad core cpu (the newer higher clock phenom, or even better, an intel quad)

4gb ram or more

64 bit OS

Ati 4850 or better
Related resources
July 24, 2008 12:53:50 PM

Ya danny I agree people are inherently lazy, and that manifest itself here quite a bit.

Anonymous
July 24, 2008 1:11:07 PM

DannyBoy27 said:
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Microsoft(r) Windows(r) XP Service Pack 2, Vista
• 1.8 GHz processor
• 512 MB RAM
• 8 GB available hard drive space
• 128 MB video RAM or greater, with DirectX 9 Vertex Shader / Pixel Shader 2.0 support
• Sound card, speakers or headphones
• 56.6 Kbps Internet connection required.

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
3.0 GHz Intel or equivalent AMD processor or better
• 1 GB RAM or better
• 10 GB available hard drive space
• 256 MB video RAM,
with DirectX 9 Vertex Shader / Pixel Shader 2.0 support (Nvidia 6800 or better)
• Internet connection with Cable/DSL speeds
Note: recommended specifications provide optimal experience for single player and up to 4 player/medium size map multiplayer.

F!F!S : cant people just google anymore.
Guys - posting without thinking the post through isnt going to provide you with helpful responses.

Did you mean - could you recommend a graphics card or how much ram etc?
The game is EXTREMELY CPU heavy and utilises quads. Also can use DX10 and 64bit OS natively. Supports dual screens to. A good GPU is recommended too for the engines good effects and models. But focus on the CPU.

I did google it but before I spend money on a new pc im looking for as much advice on a new system as possible, Which graphics card would you recommend?
July 24, 2008 1:28:40 PM

Q6600 CPU
ATI HD4870 GPU
4GB RAM
Any hard drive you like, a P45 775 motherboard and a decent PSU.
July 24, 2008 1:30:25 PM

what budget do you have? although what sheep reccommended is probably the best you can get for it price/performance wise
Anonymous
July 24, 2008 1:34:41 PM

spuddyt said:
what budget do you have? although what sheep reccommended is probably the best you can get for it price/performance wise

Around £600 - £700
July 24, 2008 3:56:29 PM

Yeah what quantum sheep said except the 4850 gives a slightly better performance to cost ratio, and the previous gen ati card of the same level has no problem with supcom fa, the processor is what will always hold it back, supreme commander can utilize 32 cores as far as i remember.

Just to note, i do not think you will be able to run the game with maximum map size and population size and maximum players satisfactorily with current available hardware (current reasonably priced hardware). Would recommend getting a motherboard that has reviews of people over clocking the q6600 (or whatever processor you get) successfully on it
July 24, 2008 6:11:54 PM

Are you going to build it yourself or buy a pre-built?
July 24, 2008 6:51:05 PM

My system (Q6600 @ 3.2 Ghz, 8 gigs ram, 8600... yes gfx bottleneck but settings are down) can't keep up with Supreme Commander 4v4 with 1000 unit limit.

The expansion might work better though so I'm going to pick that one up
!