Sign in with
Your question

desperately need some personal recomendations! (pc)

Last response: in Video Games
July 25, 2008 3:50:45 PM

so it's been a while since i did any serious gaming but i built a new system and i got an itch that needs scratching

i was looking at Lost Planet by capcom... looked good. any thoughts?

games ive loved-

Diablo 2
Starcraft
ff7
simcity/tower
quakeII/III arena
mario/ zelda games
COD4

im not really looking for an out of control in depth mmoRPG or another first person shooter but if you know a game with some light aspects of them, i'm not opposed

i was even checking out the Lego Indiana Jones game.. i just didnt want it to be so much a kids game that its boring to play

i really appreciate any recomendations of your favorite popular or hidden gem PC game out there

July 25, 2008 7:51:18 PM

Maybe Mass Effect or S.T.A.L.K.E.R... S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is probably pretty cheap by now, and both of those games seem to have the same feel to them, and I thought they were similar to the Zelda games in the sense that you can play if you have as little time as 30 minutes, or if you want to sit and play for hours (which I unintentionally did because the games sucked me in), then you can do that, too. Never played any Lost Planet, really...so no thoughts there.
July 25, 2008 8:37:38 PM

pain killer.

try demo first from download.com
Related resources
July 25, 2008 9:51:46 PM

i hated stalker! D=
July 25, 2008 10:19:55 PM

Lost Planet is an okay game but nothing great. I'd go with Gears of War PC version instead if you're looking for third person action.

And if you like RTS games and have a new rig, then you must absolutely try Company of Heroes. A classic. Finest RTS since StarCraft. In fact, I demand that you get that game.

Anonymous
July 26, 2008 1:02:50 PM

IF U LIKE 3RD PERSON GAME THEN TRY HITMAN,IT'S MATURE GAME.STRATEGY GAME, TRY HEROES 5,C&C (ANY C&C).THEY'RE GREAT PC GAMES THAT WILL STAY ON YOUR PC FOR YEARS
July 26, 2008 3:11:53 PM

I picked up stalker for £5. Great gfx and a good game slightly spoilt by **** U.I. and mission systems. I'm still working my way through it though, has an absordbing storyline and looks very pretty (and genuinely scary in some parts).

Oh and it's DAMN HARD to start but persistence, lots of saves and getting a machine gun before th first mission really helps :-)
July 26, 2008 10:00:53 PM

1 more recommendation, FEAR.

Lots of replay value for me. I tried STALKER to hard for me.

July 27, 2008 7:56:21 PM

The Orange Box, I was deciding between that at Lost Planet and Gears of War, I got the Orange Box and was not disapointed. I got Lost Planet and Gears of War for Xbox 360 later and I have to say that I'm in love with Gears and Lost Planet is ok.
!