SBC Connection Manager

I would like to know how to get SBC's Connection Manager to connect me to the
internet as soon as I turn on my computer. My wife and I share the computer
with Windows XP. When I log on with my name and settings Connection Manager
automatically connects me to the internet. When my wife logs on she has to
manually start Connection Manager. I hope someone can help us.

Have you contacted SBC about this?

Is it a dial-up connection?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

chuckebabe wrote:
> I would like to know how to get SBC's Connection Manager to connect me to
> the internet as soon as I turn on my computer. My wife and I share the
> computer with Windows XP. When I log on with my name and settings
> Connection Manager automatically connects me to the internet. When my
> wife logs on she has to manually start Connection Manager. I hope
> someone can help us.

I'm sorry , I should have stated that it is a DSL connection. Also, I was
just looking around and saw that when i click on start and then all programs
I find a listing for startup, next to startup in mine is listed Connection
Manager but in my wifes' it says empty. Am I right in assuming that is why
it starts automatically for me and not her and how can I get that in her
startup?

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Have you contacted SBC about this?
>
> Is it a dial-up connection?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)
>
> chuckebabe wrote:
> > I would like to know how to get SBC's Connection Manager to connect me to
> > the internet as soon as I turn on my computer. My wife and I share the
> > computer with Windows XP. When I log on with my name and settings
> > Connection Manager automatically connects me to the internet. When my
> > wife logs on she has to manually start Connection Manager. I hope
> > someone can help us.

You'll have to install Connection Manager in her User Profile but...

Why do you need a Connection Manager anyway when DSL is "always on"?
--
~PA Bear

PA Bear wrote:
> You'll have to install Connection Manager in her User Profile but...
>
> Why do you need a Connection Manager anyway when DSL is "always on"?

I suspect he has the Yahoo DSL (SBC) service, which requires the Connection
Manager to do things like Enable/Disable the auto-logon feature.

--

....Sky

================

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

While DSL is always on some adapters do drop connections when they are not
active so they need to be restarted and if the PC is turned off and hosts
the adapter then it will need to restart. If you use a standlone adapter,
e.g. a router then this problem "should" not happen as it should manage the
link, though restarts are sometimes needed.
Each profile that will use the facility does need the Connection Manager as
stated below.
Richard

Sky King wrote:
> PA Bear wrote:
> > You'll have to install Connection Manager in her User Profile but...
> >
> > Why do you need a Connection Manager anyway when DSL is "always on"?
>
> I suspect he has the Yahoo DSL (SBC) service, which requires the
> Connection Manager to do things like Enable/Disable the auto-logon
> feature.

<ugh> And people *pay* for this?