Which P4 mb will you suggest to use with ATI9700?

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
One of my customer ordered a system from me. In his system quote, he want Asus P4S8X and ATI Radeon 9700PRO (built by ATI). From what I know, P4S8X had many problem specially when use with Radeon 9700. So my question is, can anyone suggest me a P4 motherboard (pefer a one with 8x AGP, i know it won't make much different in performance but this is what the customer want) that will Radeon 9700 stable?

Thanks in advance

Avus

Eefus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2003
I would really try to let him know that agp8x gives no real performance enhancement. I just ordered the 9700pro and decided on the Asus P4PE/L. Supports DDR 333 and is very stable. Check it out.

<i>If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.</i>

Civilized

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2001
The AbitIT7Max2 rev2 is the best pe motherboard out right now for features/overclocking/performance....For your best bet though I would wait until I started seeing some sis655 motherboard tests which should be popping up probably this week and will more than likely out perform all intel chipsets available at this time.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The Gigabyte GA-8SG667 has the most stable memory/AGP bus for the 648 chipset and cost under $100.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

TRENDING THREADS