Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

vx4400 straight-usb cable that charges the phone?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
June 5, 2004 4:56:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Where can I buy a straight-usb cable (not a usb-serial cable with an
inline Prolific converter) for the VX4400 that will charge the phone
from the usb port on my laptop?
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 9:22:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On 5 Jun 2004 12:56:47 GMT, noman <noman@klassikal.net> chose to add this
to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

>Where can I buy a straight-usb cable (not a usb-serial cable with an
>inline Prolific converter) for the VX4400 that will charge the phone
>from the usb port on my laptop?

rpiwireless.com

--
David Streeter, "an internet god" -- Dave Barry
http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
Remove the naughty bit from my address to reply
Expect a train on ANY track at ANY time.
"Being in the legislature is no bed of gravy." - state senator [not named
by my source]
June 13, 2004 10:24:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On 2004-06-13, David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote:
> On 5 Jun 2004 12:56:47 GMT, noman <noman@klassikal.net> chose to add this
> to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:
>
>>Where can I buy a straight-usb cable (not a usb-serial cable with an
>>inline Prolific converter) for the VX4400 that will charge the phone
>>from the usb port on my laptop?
>
> rpiwireless.com


Hmm. I see two usb cables for the 4400 at this site, parts numbers
16747 and 16676, respectively. The descriptions are basically
identical, and neither mentions anything about charging. Otoh I do
see listings for usb cables for other LG models that specifically say
"charging". There are "charging" data cables listed for the 6000, the
7100, the 5450 and the 5350. So in general, if the cables can
charge, the web site seems to say so explicitly.

Are you saying that one or both of these 4400 cables will recharge the
phone, even though the listing doesn't say so?


I did find a recharging data cable at thesupplynet.com. But it's $60!
That's more than I paid for the phone...




Thanks --
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 8:53:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On 13 Jun 2004 18:24:16 GMT, noman <noman@klassikal.net> chose to add this
to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

>On 2004-06-13, David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote:
>> On 5 Jun 2004 12:56:47 GMT, noman <noman@klassikal.net> chose to add this
>> to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:
>>
>>>Where can I buy a straight-usb cable (not a usb-serial cable with an
>>>inline Prolific converter) for the VX4400 that will charge the phone
>>>from the usb port on my laptop?
>>
>> rpiwireless.com
>
>Hmm. I see two usb cables for the 4400 at this site, parts numbers
>16747 and 16676, respectively. The descriptions are basically
>identical, and neither mentions anything about charging. Otoh I do
>see listings for usb cables for other LG models that specifically say
>"charging". There are "charging" data cables listed for the 6000, the
>7100, the 5450 and the 5350. So in general, if the cables can
>charge, the web site seems to say so explicitly.
>
>Are you saying that one or both of these 4400 cables will recharge the
>phone, even though the listing doesn't say so?

I seem to remember that they had two different items that had identical
descriptions, but one was $5 less than the other. I went for the cheaper
one.

However, I looked and I can't find either an email or paper record of my
purchase, so I can't say what model I bought. Sorry.

--
David Streeter, "an internet god" -- Dave Barry
http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
Remove the naughty bit from my address to reply
Expect a train on ANY track at ANY time.
"[T]he nation's criminals are becoming so incompetent that pretty soon they
will need some kind of federal subsidy to stay in business." - Dave Barry
!