People with new Gigabyte motherboards possible big

LoopDeMack

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2003
For all people with new Gigabyte motherboards ,possible big error and problem.Read carefully!!!

GA-8IE533,GA-8IEX ,GA-8IEXP ,GA-8IEMK, GA-8PE667 Ultra 2 ,GA-8PE667 Ultra ,GA-8PE667 Pro,GA-8PE667 ,GA-8GE667 Pro, GA-8GEM667K ,
and still collecting information's about:
GA-8IGX ,GA-8IG,GA-8IGMK ,GA-8IGML-T,GA-8ILFT, GA-8IMMT4,GA-8LD533-C, GA-8VD667,GA-8ID533 ,GA-8IDML-CH ,GA-8IDX ,GA-8IDXH ,GA-8IRE !!!!!!!!!

Problem description:
Tested on Windows 2000Pro(Service Pack 2 and Service Pack 3) and Windows XP Pro(Service Pack 1)
With Intel INF drivers and without ,with Intel Application Acceleration and without!!!!!!
Tried with standard Dual channel PCI ide controller driver !!!!!!
With ACPI ,Without ACPI,With APIC and Without APIC !!!!!!!!!
Tried with all new WD bb hard drives ,Ibm GXP60 and GXP120 and with maxtor 740x6L ,8+ and 9+!!!!
On INTEL controler on GIGABYTE motherboards!!!

If you have two hard drives on one Ide channel and if you try to copy files from one drive to another you will suffer big system LAG , especially with 2D where system with 2.4gHz will not have power to streak or to draw in reasonable time ,opened background application if there is some or if you try to change your working application window to background application window,windows will stall and choke for thing that even pentium1 on 166mHz won't.

For GigaByte technicians ,If you don't find solution for this problem you may find punishment as IBM did from their customers because we as your customers have and will have power to make petition and possible law-suit and haunting on Gigabyte.

Possible solution ,write new bios and open all stealth options(beside CTRL+F1) in Advance Chipset like "PCI#2 Access #1 Retry" and similar or give as set file for your motherboards that we can try with WPCRedit to find solution for this ERROR!!!

LoopDeMack

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2003
If you don't have two hard drives and if you have connect that hard drives on Promise and you are safe!
You will suffer only when you connect 2HDD on Intel Ide controller!

alltaken

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2003
ok i have two HHD drives

i have one DVD drive

the board has
2x ATA 133 (1 dvd and one HDD, one on each channel)
2x ATA 100 (raid) (should i put the extra HDD on one of these channels)
2x SATA (no HDD yet but do these work fine or is it only the ATA 133,100 that are the problem)

thanks for the info and please do you have a URL for a website with more info on this problem

thanks again!!!!

DOUG

Jeff68005

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
I have three of those boards with no such problem. I too would like to know the source of your report.

GA-8IEXP
GA-8PE667 Ultra
GA-8PE667 Ultra - Rev 1.0

What kind of cables were used to establish the problem?

Were there similar problems transfering between partitions on the same drive?

As far as the ATA is concerned, I had to format the drive and install the OS on the IDE connection before I was able to boot the drive on the ATA.

Every working computer must be improved .... or replaced ...

<A HREF="http://members.ud.com/services/teams/team.htm?id=510E6639-84A1-465D-A914-07BDB039E379" target="_new">Join the THG Team.</A>