ne computer; freezes MUCH

i have just bought a very nice, built computer...AMD Athlon...only my husband
and I use it and i have noticed that there are times, when certainn programs
or even sites won't respond.....we have PLENTY of memory, and have a cable
internet hook-up...just recently it will not allow me to change the desktop
theme, or even view the window...when i click control panel, it will take me
there, but after that, i can't go to desktop themes...what is making it do
this? please tell me something good..THANKS

"Protect Your PC"
www.microsoft.com/protect

Ted Zieglar