Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Team skeletor

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 11:36:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

I was thinking about starting a team of necros similar to the pally
team that just finished recently. It would consist of skelemancers,
curse specialists, golems of all size and shape, boners, poisoners,
revivalists and body bombers. I am sure that this has been done
before, but I am curious about whether its viable in terms of ping rate
and lag.

There would also have to be some serious coordination in regards to
curses, placement of bone walls and prisons, protection of elite IGs,
etc.

If its doable and there is interest, lets get going!

Sean

More about : team skeletor

March 20, 2005 1:49:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

unklbob wrote:
> I was thinking about starting a team of necros similar to the pally
> team that just finished recently. It would consist of skelemancers,
> curse specialists, golems of all size and shape, boners, poisoners,
> revivalists and body bombers. I am sure that this has been done
> before, but I am curious about whether its viable in terms of ping
rate
> and lag.
>
> There would also have to be some serious coordination in regards to
> curses, placement of bone walls and prisons, protection of elite IGs,
> etc.
>
> If its doable and there is interest, lets get going!
>
> Sean

It is very likely that everyone will "fight" for corpses. Not to
mention, everyone deems to have their favorite curse and will overlap
each other; it will be incredibly hard to coordinate the curses as well
as walls & prisons.

If not because of their consistent grunts, team magesin is probably
fun, fill the screen up with ice, lightning, and fire. Not that I ever
played one before, so I don't know anything about viability.
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 3:13:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"unklbob" <mcgriswald@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1111336578.957339.202070@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>I was thinking about starting a team of necros similar to the pally
> team that just finished recently. It would consist of skelemancers,
> curse specialists, golems of all size and shape, boners, poisoners,
> revivalists and body bombers. I am sure that this has been done
> before, but I am curious about whether its viable in terms of ping rate
> and lag.
>
With 1/3 the skellies as before, the ping count is much lower than it was.
What will be worse is the stacked auras from the desert mercs (Prayer,
Defiance, Blessed Aim, Might, Thorns).
> There would also have to be some serious coordination in regards to
> curses, placement of bone walls and prisons, protection of elite IGs,
> etc.
>
> If its doable and there is interest, lets get going!
>
> Sean
>
I'm in. Bring on the lag!
--
Zamboni
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 6:43:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 08:36:19 -0800, unklbob wrote:

> I was thinking about starting a team of necros similar to the pally
> team that just finished recently. It would consist of skelemancers,
> curse specialists, golems of all size and shape, boners, poisoners,
> revivalists and body bombers. I am sure that this has been done
> before, but I am curious about whether its viable in terms of ping rate
> and lag.
>
> There would also have to be some serious coordination in regards to
> curses, placement of bone walls and prisons, protection of elite IGs,
> etc.
>
> If its doable and there is interest, lets get going!

Questing is already perhaps a little too easy for a single
Skellimancer, so it might be more interesting to join
together and make some marginal builds viable within a
team. For instance, I'd be interested to see how far
8 Meleemancers could get. They can be a lot stronger
than normal if they coordinate so there is 1 BA merc,
1 Defiance Merc, 1 Might Merc, 1 HF merc, etc.
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 9:03:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On 20 Mar 2005 08:36:19 -0800, "unklbob" <mcgriswald@aol.com> wrote:

>I was thinking about starting a team of necros similar to the pally
>team that just finished recently. It would consist of skelemancers,
>curse specialists, golems of all size and shape, boners, poisoners,
>revivalists and body bombers. I am sure that this has been done
>before, but I am curious about whether its viable in terms of ping rate
>and lag.
>
>There would also have to be some serious coordination in regards to
>curses, placement of bone walls and prisons, protection of elite IGs,
>etc.
>
>If its doable and there is interest, lets get going!
>
>Sean

Sounds interesting. Any ideas on playing days/times?

Not sure which type of necro I would want to play, as I have not
really played them, so whatever is left over I suppose.

Justin
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 9:15:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On that special day, unklbob, (mcgriswald@aol.com) said...

> I was thinking about starting a team of necros similar to the pally
> team that just finished recently. It would consist of skelemancers,
> curse specialists, golems of all size and shape, boners, poisoners,
> revivalists and body bombers.

I am in, provided the meeting times are reasonable enough for someone
from Old Europe. I am used to skellies, but might help with anything
else, if necessary. At least, a necro doesn't suffer *that* much from
higher pings, as he can stay back and send his minions.

As long as he isn't a daggermancer, that is. I am afraid, I can't do
*that* one, although I am on broadband, as the pings are often 200plus.


Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de


--
Patriarch Antenagenes, lvl89 SP Skelliemancer, might merc
Mathetic Fuchsia, lvl85 SP Firestrafer, conc merc (always dieing)
Slayer Malladictus, lvl58 Hammerdin, fire rogue
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 10:29:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

unklbob wrote:
> I was thinking about starting a team of necros similar to the pally
> team that just finished recently. It would consist of skelemancers,
> curse specialists, golems of all size and shape, boners, poisoners,
> revivalists and body bombers. I am sure that this has been done
> before, but I am curious about whether its viable in terms of ping
> rate and lag.
>
> There would also have to be some serious coordination in regards to
> curses, placement of bone walls and prisons, protection of elite IGs,
> etc.
>
> If its doable and there is interest, lets get going!
>
> Sean

I'm game, but as Gabriele I'm in Europe so playing times might be somewhat
of a challenge (and my ping is also around 200).

I have a skellimancer right now (great fun), but I'll play anything but a
melee guy. Come to think of it, a BSpirit/highlvl golem guy might be fun.

What about equipment? Untwinked, lightly twinked, heavily twinked, nekkid?

Devast8or
March 21, 2005 12:24:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"unklbob" <mcgriswald@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1111336578.957339.202070@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>I was thinking about starting a team of necros similar to the pally
> team that just finished recently. It would consist of skelemancers,
> curse specialists, golems of all size and shape, boners, poisoners,
> revivalists and body bombers. I am sure that this has been done
> before, but I am curious about whether its viable in terms of ping rate
> and lag.
>
> There would also have to be some serious coordination in regards to
> curses, placement of bone walls and prisons, protection of elite IGs,
> etc.
>
> If its doable and there is interest, lets get going!

I played on Team Lagmancer back in 1.09. Eight Necros with Skeletons and
Mages. You talk about an army. You could barely see the monsters there were
so many. We all either died or lost interest before we made it out of
Normal, but it was certainly a hoot while it lasted.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 3:13:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

WOOT!!

I pass. I'm just learning how to play a necro in SC. Made it to level
30 and eagerly took to reviving 5 Venom Lord Corpses in the Throne
Room, only to watch all of them doh-see-doh with Lister and company for
3 minutes, without any damage whatsoever to Lister and his crew despite
spamming Amp Damage all over them. Time to head out of that place and
regroup for another run at the minions next weekend.

BUT I better see spot reports. I would love to hear all the body
grabbing, ill-spent bone walls, canceled out curses, and corpse popping
stories.

Should make the Keystone Cops look like a bloodhound on the porch of
the general store.

Orion Ryder
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 9:11:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

>
> As long as he isn't a daggermancer, that is. I am afraid, I can't do
> *that* one, although I am on broadband, as the pings are often 200plus.
>
>
> Gabriele Neukam
Hammerdin, fire rogue
200 plus ping You lucky dog Best I get is 350 and that is not often,
ususally 500 +, 3000+ sometimes : (


Cheers Al
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 9:11:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On that special day, Alsnews, (alsnews@westnet.com.au) said...

>
>
> >
> > As long as he isn't a daggermancer, that is. I am afraid, I can't do
> > *that* one, although I am on broadband, as the pings are often 200plus.
> >
> >
> > Gabriele Neukam
> Hammerdin, fire rogue
> 200 plus ping You lucky dog Best I get is 350 and that is not often,
> ususally 500 +, 3000+ sometimes : (

Err, I forgot to insert that my hammerdin is Single Player. FYI: he
died this morning three times in CS, each time to a lightning enchanted
Venom Lord.

One was a boss in front of the pentagram (twice, until I could see it),
the other the notorious infector of souls. The really strange aspect of
all that was, that I returned to my body, to find a pile of potions and
blue objects where my enemy should have been. Is there something like a
death nova, similar to the fire explosion and cold nova?

Diablo was a bit miffed because he was woken up that early, but after
three full rejuvs he was gone.

Hammerdin + redemption = endless hammering. If no invisible lightning
bolts do strike you, that is.

And the pings have at times suddenly peaked up to 400 or beyond 1000,
enough to kill my character. The TOL service is a bit irregular, I
don't know why.


Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de


--
Patriarch Antenagenes, lvl89 SP Skelliemancer, might merc
Mathetic Fuchsia, lvl85 SP Firestrafer, conc merc (always dieing)
Slayer Malladictus, lvl60 Sp Hammerdin, fire rogue
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 10:25:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Ellen" <finesse@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
news:p ine.A41.4.61b.0503210941460.51034@homer06.u.washington.edu...
>
> I'd like to join in this group.. someone toss out likely meeting times.. I
> still learning necro-speak. Am working on a summoner, but would be
> amenable to trying one of the other necro builds to fill in a team. Is
> 'all necro' really viable? If so, how far? NM? Hell?
>
Summoners are viable through the end of Hell. The rest of you can tag along
if you want. :) 

Seriously though, one of the advantages to the necros - especially
summoners - is their survivability. Between the wall of skeletons and bit of
Dim Vision, there isn't much that gets through to actually hurt the necro.
And between the skeletons and Corpse Explosion, there isn't much that gets
in their way, either. The minions from two or three summoners should provide
a nice mobile fortress for any Bonelords or Venomancers to operate out of.
It will be a cakewalk (a noisy, network-breaking, video-crashing cakewalk).
--
Zamboni
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 10:27:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1111436029.696407.126840@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> WOOT!!
>
> I pass. I'm just learning how to play a necro in SC. Made it to level
> 30 and eagerly took to reviving 5 Venom Lord Corpses in the Throne
> Room, only to watch all of them doh-see-doh with Lister and company for
> 3 minutes, without any damage whatsoever to Lister and his crew despite
> spamming Amp Damage all over them. Time to head out of that place and
> regroup for another run at the minions next weekend.
>
I find that Decrep works better on Lister's crew than Amp Damage. Their
Knockback attacks mean that your minions spend most of their time being
tossed around rather than attacking. Decrep slows their attack rate down,
allowing the minions to actually get some attacks in.
--
Zamboni
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 10:28:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Alsnews" <alsnews@westnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:423e9e65@quokka.wn.com.au...
>
>
>>
>> As long as he isn't a daggermancer, that is. I am afraid, I can't do
>> *that* one, although I am on broadband, as the pings are often 200plus.
>>
>>
>> Gabriele Neukam
> Hammerdin, fire rogue
> 200 plus ping You lucky dog Best I get is 350 and that is not often,
> ususally 500 +, 3000+ sometimes : (
>
>
> Cheers Al
Wow. I was pissed off last night because my ping climbed to 60.
--
Zamboni
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 10:21:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> had this idea for a movie:

>I've just given up trying to play tonight. The ping time displayed never
>goes over 4,999 but the actual pimg times are far higher than that. I died
>several times. Nothing moving on the screen for literally 10-20 seconds,
>keep clicking on different monsters and hitting a red pot every few seconds
>and sometimes I survive. Everything on the screen suddenly rushes around
>like ants on crack and I'm either alive or I'm not. Sometimes I get dropped
>to the 'create or join game' screen after the 20-odd seconds are up, go into
>a game and there's my body at my feet.

Yep. That's been how things have been for me on battle.net for 5+ years now.
tcells and EB have had much of the same problems for a similar amount of time,
although in different locations.

>There is a government department called The Commerce Commision who keep
>making threatening noises at Telecom about forcing them to open up the
>"local loop" to competition but they always back down and accept some
>counter-offer by Telecom. There was a big scandal just before Christmas that
>would have gone un-noticed if it wasn't for someone in the wrong job. An
>honest politician, of all things, blew the whistle on Telecom giving Ipod's
>as Christmas presents to all the politicians and beaurocrats who they had
>dealings with. Once it was made public several other politicians made a big
>issue out of returning theirs.

>But, yeah. On a good day my ping-times are in the 400-500 range.

Best I've ever seen is, strangely, 297, and it seems to manage that at least
once per day. Very odd number. Usually by about 6 PM NZ time I usually
find it goes to hell in a handbasket at least one day in three, and ping is in
the range you suggest, usually more like 600-800, but I think that display is
a big fat lie anyway.

I was planning on making a new hardcore character to hook up with Orion the
other week, but managed to lag out halfway through the den of evil. Last
time I started a red titled character, I also lagged out before I'd finished
the first quest. I took it as a sign. ;-)

>If I didn't have good reflexes I wouldn't be able to play a meleer anywhere near OKs. As
>it is, on a good day, one or two of my melee characters can handle OKs in
>the WSK. It's scary though. Sorcs are difficult too. I've been trying to
>tele to Meph and Baal but my ping-times prevent me from being succesful. Is
>it any wonder my MF characters are summoning necros?

These days, I only even bother trying it with a sorceress that has maxed
shield block, but even then, it's worrying how teleporting is often like
trying to walk with your feet superglued to the floor. Sometimes it's fun to
try and do it anyway even when things start getting really bad, really
sticking it to a system that's doing it best to make things impossible for
you.


--
Slaughter is its own reward.
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 10:33:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"unklbob" <mcgriswald@aol.com> had this idea for a movie:

>I was thinking about starting a team of necros similar to the pally
>team that just finished recently. It would consist of skelemancers,
>curse specialists, golems of all size and shape, boners, poisoners,
>revivalists and body bombers. I am sure that this has been done
>before, but I am curious about whether its viable in terms of ping rate
>and lag.
>
>There would also have to be some serious coordination in regards to
>curses, placement of bone walls and prisons, protection of elite IGs,
>etc.
>
>If its doable and there is interest, lets get going!

Necromancers, eh? That's the guys with the pale skin and long white hair?
I could be up for an all melee necromancer team, or something like that. It
might be amusing through normal, nightmare, and part of hell, at least.

Pencil me in as a potential starter if the session times work out. Here's
when I'll be most likely to be online in the near future (dates and times are
listed for the US)

Sunday, Monday through Thursday - 10 PM - 2 AM PST
Friday and Saturday - any time from maybe 11 AM PST onwards


--
Slaughter is its own reward.
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 3:49:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Zamboni wrote:
> "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1111436029.696407.126840@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>> WOOT!!
>>
>> I pass. I'm just learning how to play a necro in SC. Made it to level
>> 30 and eagerly took to reviving 5 Venom Lord Corpses in the Throne
>> Room, only to watch all of them doh-see-doh with Lister and company
>> for 3 minutes, without any damage whatsoever to Lister and his crew
>> despite spamming Amp Damage all over them. Time to head out of that
>> place and regroup for another run at the minions next weekend.
>>
> I find that Decrep works better on Lister's crew than Amp Damage.
> Their Knockback attacks mean that your minions spend most of their
> time being tossed around rather than attacking. Decrep slows their
> attack rate down, allowing the minions to actually get some attacks
> in.

And a clay golem as nice here as well (and a few cold mages if you have
them).

Devast8or
March 22, 2005 8:04:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in news:423fb274$1
@news01.wxnz.net:

> Zamboni wrote:
>> "Alsnews" <alsnews@westnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> news:423e9e65@quokka.wn.com.au...
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>> As long as he isn't a daggermancer, that is. I am afraid, I can't
do
>>>> *that* one, although I am on broadband, as the pings are often
>>>> 200plus.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Gabriele Neukam
>>> Hammerdin, fire rogue
>>> 200 plus ping You lucky dog Best I get is 350 and that is not often,
>>> ususally 500 +, 3000+ sometimes : (
>>>
>>>
>>> Cheers Al
>> Wow. I was pissed off last night because my ping climbed to 60.
>
> Grrrrrrrr!
> --
> ~misfit~
>
>

What is all this talk about pings? What is a ping and how does one find
it (wherever it may be)?

Diane
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 10:10:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Diane wrote:
>>
>
> What is all this talk about pings? What is a ping and how does one
> find it (wherever it may be)?
>
> Diane

Ping is the time (in miliseconds) for a data package to get from your comp
to the server and back. If your ping is too high, you will experience it as
lag.

You can find your ping if you type /fps.

Devast8or
March 23, 2005 7:13:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in
news:42405e18$0$67258$157c6196@dreader2.cybercity.dk:

> Diane wrote:
>>>
>>
>> What is all this talk about pings? What is a ping and how does one
>> find it (wherever it may be)?
>>
>> Diane
>
> Ping is the time (in miliseconds) for a data package to get from your
> comp to the server and back. If your ping is too high, you will
> experience it as lag.
>
> You can find your ping if you type /fps.
>
> Devast8or
>
>
>

OK, so now for the all time silly newbie question: where do i type
that?
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 7:28:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
Diane <kirchbabe1@sbcglobal.net> wrote

>"Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in
>news:42405e18$0$67258$157c6196@dreader2.cybercity.dk:
>
>> Diane wrote:
>>>>
>>>
>>> What is all this talk about pings? What is a ping and how does one
>>> find it (wherever it may be)?
>>>
>>> Diane
>>
>> Ping is the time (in miliseconds) for a data package to get from your
>> comp to the server and back. If your ping is too high, you will
>> experience it as lag.
>>
>> You can find your ping if you type /fps.
>>
>> Devast8or
>>
>>
>>
>
>OK, so now for the all time silly newbie question: where do i type
>that?

When you're playing a character:
<enter>
/fps
<enter>
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
-My Diablo 2 Mod
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bunny.php
-My theme song
March 23, 2005 7:47:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in
news:34s1415586u1b9e6m01m5mhlg4tfu2q6uh@4ax.com:

> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
> Diane <kirchbabe1@sbcglobal.net> wrote
>
>>"Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in
>>news:42405e18$0$67258$157c6196@dreader2.cybercity.dk:
>>
>>> Diane wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> What is all this talk about pings? What is a ping and how does one
>>>> find it (wherever it may be)?
>>>>
>>>> Diane
>>>
>>> Ping is the time (in miliseconds) for a data package to get from
your
>>> comp to the server and back. If your ping is too high, you will
>>> experience it as lag.
>>>
>>> You can find your ping if you type /fps.
>>>
>>> Devast8or
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>OK, so now for the all time silly newbie question: where do i type
>>that?
>
> When you're playing a character:
> <enter>
> /fps
> <enter>

Yep, I knew it was a silly questions. Thanks muchly. Oh, but I think
my ping doesn't get affected b/c I'm playing CE mod. So, it's kinda a
moot point anyway. But, thanks.

Diane
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 12:29:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
news:c58u315t192v9fpcsi0u09dkoe5j3ic9kk@4ax.com...
> "unklbob" <mcgriswald@aol.com> had this idea for a movie:
>
> >I was thinking about starting a team of necros similar to the pally
> >team that just finished recently. It would consist of skelemancers,
> >curse specialists, golems of all size and shape, boners, poisoners,
> >revivalists and body bombers. I am sure that this has been done
> >before, but I am curious about whether its viable in terms of ping rate
> >and lag.
> >
> >There would also have to be some serious coordination in regards to
> >curses, placement of bone walls and prisons, protection of elite IGs,
> >etc.
> >
> >If its doable and there is interest, lets get going!
>
> Necromancers, eh? That's the guys with the pale skin and long white
hair?
> I could be up for an all melee necromancer team, or something like that.
It
> might be amusing through normal, nightmare, and part of hell, at least.
>
> Pencil me in as a potential starter if the session times work out.
Here's
> when I'll be most likely to be online in the near future (dates and times
are
> listed for the US)
>
> Sunday, Monday through Thursday - 10 PM - 2 AM PST
> Friday and Saturday - any time from maybe 11 AM PST onwards
>
>
I sure wish I was online more, this looks fun.
I was thinking.....
Skelly Mage Necro
Revive Mancer
Bone Necro
Poison Necro
Golemancer
Curser - he'd really have to pay attention to all fronts, could get hectic
MeleeMancer

Could leave the skellimancer out, and make it untwinked too :) 


But if you go all MeleeMancers, I suggest a bit of twinkage :o )


short
!