Modem problems

I recently upgraded from Windows Me to XP, and I have found that my computer
no longer recognises my 56k dial up modem. How do I sort out this problem?
4 answers Last reply
More about modem problems

    Buy a supported modem, you'll find the newer V.92 modem are
    not too expensive and run better than the older modems.

    Luffy wrote:
    > I recently upgraded from Windows Me to XP, and I have found that my
    > computer no longer recognises my 56k dial up modem. How do I sort out
    > this problem?

    Hi;

    Open Control Panel/System then click the Hardware tab; then click Device
    Manager.

    In the list there, first look for yellow or red "banged out" devices. These
    indicate problems, and could be interfering with having your modem
    identified and enabled.

    On the same list, click the "+" sign by Modems. Is your modem correctly
    identified there? Is it showing as Enabled? If "no" to any of the above,
    you may need to install the driver for that modem manually or download an
    updated driver from the people who made the modem.

    If the modem is listed and correctly identified, right-click the modem and
    select Properties. Then select the Diagnostics tab and Query modem. Does
    your modem respond? Any errors indicated?

    steps there.

    Let us know what you find, and be sure to include the brand name and model
    information for the modem.

    --

    ....Sky

    ================

    If the modem came from your ISP, you should contact your ISP.

    If you purchased the modem, or it came with your computer, you should
    contact the manufacturer's technical support.
    --
    Ted Zieglar

    "Luffy" <Luffy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I recently upgraded from Windows Me to XP, and I have found that my
    computer
    > no longer recognises my 56k dial up modem. How do I sort out this problem?

    Looks like you might need a WinXP compatible driver. Have you ruled that
    out?

    "Luffy" <Luffy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently upgraded from Windows Me to XP, and I have found that my
    >computer
    > no longer recognises my 56k dial up modem. How do I sort out this problem?

Modem Dial Up Connection Microsoft Windows XP