problems with boot up

after intalling XP and SP2 I stupidly installed an old version 5.0* of Roxio
CD burning software. Since I couldn't get the XP drivers without paying
forthem from Roxio I uninstalled the software but some drivers have been left
behind and My computer won't boot up it just keeps reverting back to
inititial boot up screen. After several attempts I can get via safe mode and
then restart into full XP whre I get a message informing of the disabled
drivers. How can I idenify the Roxio drivers left behind after uninstall and
delete them? many thnaks for any replies
3 answers Last reply
More about problems boot

    There are free updates on the Roxio site for Version 5 that
    are XP compatible.

    "John in Lincs" <John in Lincs@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message
    | after intalling XP and SP2 I stupidly installed an old
    version 5.0* of Roxio
    | CD burning software. Since I couldn't get the XP drivers
    without paying
    | forthem from Roxio I uninstalled the software but some
    drivers have been left
    | behind and My computer won't boot up it just keeps
    reverting back to
    | inititial boot up screen. After several attempts I can get
    via safe mode and
    | then restart into full XP whre I get a message informing
    of the disabled
    | drivers. How can I idenify the Roxio drivers left behind
    after uninstall and
    | delete them? many thnaks for any replies

    thanks jim, The updates are only free if you have the original serial no
    which I'm afraid I've lost

    "Jim Macklin" wrote:

    > There are free updates on the Roxio site for Version 5 that
    > are XP compatible.

    > "John in Lincs" <John in Lincs@discussions.microsoft.com>
    > wrote in message
    > | after intalling XP and SP2 I stupidly installed an old
    > version 5.0* of Roxio
    > | CD burning software. Since I couldn't get the XP drivers
    > without paying
    > | forthem from Roxio I uninstalled the software but some
    > drivers have been left
    > | behind and My computer won't boot up it just keeps
    > reverting back to
    > | inititial boot up screen. After several attempts I can get
    > via safe mode and
    > | then restart into full XP whre I get a message informing
    > of the disabled
    > | drivers. How can I idenify the Roxio drivers left behind
    > after uninstall and
    > | delete them? many thnaks for any replies

    EASY CD CREATOR PLATINUM UPDATES

    Update Easy CD Creator 5.x.x
    Platinum to 5.3.5 April 23, 2003

    This web update is designed to
    update Easy CD Creator 5.x.x Platinum to version 5.3.5. It
    can be installed in Windows NT, 98, 2000, ME, and XP. This
    update will install Windows XP specific drivers and make the
    necessary registry entries to allow Easy CD Creator to
    operate correctly in Windows XP.

    Did you know that Easy Media
    Creator 7 is now available?
    Now with full Windows XP and
    Windows 2000 support!

    As a loyal Easy CD Creator 5
    customer, you qualify for a special $69.95 upgrade price and
    FREE shipping if you upgrade now - get a $30 discount + FREE
    Shipping

    Get your copy today!

    The new version includes full
    versions of Easy CD & DVD Creator 7, Videowave 7, Photosuite
    7 and Napster 2.0 - now do more with your digital media and
    get much faster CD & DVD burning with full Windows XP
    support. Easy Media Creator 7 is Roxio's latest
    award-winning new digital media suite and the perfect
    upgrade for Easy CD Creator 5 users who are running Windows
    XP or Windows 2000.

    Learn more about the special
    Easy Media Creator 7 upgrade.

    download Easy CD Creator 5
    update
    - or -
    upgrade to Easy Media Creator
    7

    Drive Update for Easy CD
    Creator Platinum 5.3.5.10u September 8 , 2004

    This Web update will add drive
    support for CD/DVD burners that were released after the
    release of Easy CD Creator 5.3.5.

    Note: You should update to
    Easy CD Creator Platinum 5.3.5 (if your version is a release
    prior to 5.3.5) before installing this updater.

    You can check for your
    installed version by opening either Music CD Project or Data
    CD Project and going to "Help" and then to "About Easy CD
    Creator".
    download
    driveup5.3.5u.exe
    859 KB-9/8/04

    Update the Video Impressions
    component of Easy CD Creator Platinum
    download
    (4.6 MB)

    Update the Photo Relay
    component of Easy CD Creator Platinum
    download
    (6.7 MB)

    EASY CD CREATOR BASIC UPDATES

    Updates Easy CD Creator 5.x.x Basic
    and Starter Kit to 5.3.5 May 13, 2003

    This web update is designed to
    update English versions of Easy CD Creator Basic 5.x.x to
    version 5.3.5. It can be installed in Windows NT, 98, 2000,
    ME, and XP. It has a number of fixes and adds new drive
    support, including support for DVD -R/RW and DVD +R/RW. This
    update will install Windows XP specific drivers and make the
    necessary registry entries to allow Easy CD Creator to
    operate correctly in Windows XP.

    Did you know that Easy Media Creator
    7 is now available?
    Now with full Windows XP and Windows
    2000 support!

    As a loyal Easy CD Creator 5
    customer, you qualify for a special $69.95 upgrade price and
    FREE shipping if you upgrade now - get a $30 instant
    discount + FREE Shipping

    wrote in message
    | thanks jim, The updates are only free if you have the
    original serial no
    | which I'm afraid I've lost
    |
    | "Jim Macklin" wrote:
    |
    | > There are free updates on the Roxio site for Version 5
    that
    | > are XP compatible.
    | >

    | > --
    | >

    | > "John in Lincs" <John in
    Lincs@discussions.microsoft.com>
    | > wrote in message

    | > | after intalling XP and SP2 I stupidly installed an old
    | > version 5.0* of Roxio
    | > | CD burning software. Since I couldn't get the XP
    drivers
    | > without paying
    | > | forthem from Roxio I uninstalled the software but some
    | > drivers have been left
    | > | behind and My computer won't boot up it just keeps
    | > reverting back to
    | > | inititial boot up screen. After several attempts I can
    get
    | > via safe mode and
    | > | then restart into full XP whre I get a message
    informing
    | > of the disabled
    | > | drivers. How can I idenify the Roxio drivers left
    behind
    | > after uninstall and
    | > | delete them? many thnaks for any replies

    begin 666 spacer.gif
    K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``/___P```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P``
    `
    end

    begin 666 download.gif
    M1TE&.#EA$0`0`+,``/_KUO_AQ/_?P/_W\/_"A?_>O?^S9__$B?_Y]/^A0O_V
    M[?^;-__:M?^9,____P```"'Y! ``````+ `````1`! ```1#T,E)JW4#:#WN
    M9$T8,IX$B@U9GJ+JL6/IP*E,N]1P$ ;:&(2#HE)8^$*+PD5@1"T$):;H*7,$
    /C(M 51)(:+<2!'@;`0`[
    `
    end

    begin 666 up_arrow.gif
    M1TE&.#EA$0`0`+,``/_KUO_AQ/_?P/_W\/_"A?_>O?^S9__$B?_Y]/^A0O_V
    MKL'2+-[G"&(S"A^JO@MK%>FK+D4U'(1A-P;"07%A_!@FHPWY4;Z8&J<*6CPF
    ,K9\!8+L=F+Z." `[
    `
    end