what is dxva_sig.txt

November 10, 2004 5:05:44 PM

what is dxva_sig.txt ? I've been finding this empty text file on my desktop
lately and have no idea what's creating it or why. Anyone else know what this
is ?

More about : dxva sig txt

Anonymous
November 10, 2004 5:05:45 PM

http://forum.osnn.net/archive/index.php/t-41526.html

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:mhp4p0lnpg7ukrlobvefro3ath2ht56smf@4ax.com,
Husky <cbminfo@toast.net> hunted and pecked:
> what is dxva_sig.txt ? I've been finding this empty text file on my
> desktop lately and have no idea what's creating it or why. Anyone
> else know what this is ?
Anonymous
November 10, 2004 5:05:45 PM

"Husky" <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote in message
> what is dxva_sig.txt ? I've been finding this empty text file on my
> desktop
> lately and have no idea what's creating it or why. Anyone else know what
> this
> is ?
> --
> more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html

======================================
This Google hit may lead you to some answer eventually:
http://forum.osnn.net/archive/index.php/t-41526.html
======================================
November 10, 2004 5:22:38 PM

DxVA = DirectX Video Acceleration. Try your post in a newsgroup for Windows
Media Player. For example:

--
Ted Zieglar

"Husky" <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote in message
> what is dxva_sig.txt ? I've been finding this empty text file on my
desktop
> lately and have no idea what's creating it or why. Anyone else know what
this
> is ?
> --
> more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html
Anonymous
November 10, 2004 7:30:53 PM

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:13:23 -0700, "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net>
wrote:

Not really. the guy that asked it claimed the fix failed.
Interesting that it is only a 1 month old problem. And out of all the searches
I did for that text file, there was next to nothing on it.
About a month ago ATI released their newest Catalyst Software for the AIW's.

>http://forum.osnn.net/archive/index.php/t-41526.html
>
>--
>Hope this helps. Let us know.
>Wes

November 14, 2004 12:46:31 PM

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:05:44 -0500, Husky <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote:

Fix for this and the 0 byte dxva_sig.txt file getting written [to my desktop,
others claimed it got written elsewhere.] was to upgrade to win media 10.

>what is dxva_sig.txt ? I've been finding this empty text file on my desktop
>lately and have no idea what's creating it or why. Anyone else know what this
>is ?

November 15, 2004 12:54:36 PM

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:05:44 -0500, Husky <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote:

The fix isn't 100%. The infra red movies are now normal, but the zero byte file
is still appearing when I play a WM file online.

>Fix for this and the 0 byte dxva_sig.txt file getting written [to my desktop,
>others claimed it got written elsewhere.] was to upgrade to win media 10.

>what is dxva_sig.txt ? I've been finding this empty text file on my desktop
>lately and have no idea what's creating it or why. Anyone else know what this
>is ?

I got rid of the infra red movies, but I'm still getting that 0 byte
dxva_sig.txt file on my desktop.
Still have no idea what it is or what puts it there, or how to stop it. It
serves no purpose that I can use. zero bytes is zero bytes. Doesn't even say
who is interested in this thing.

November 15, 2004 12:54:49 PM