what is dxva_sig.txt

what is dxva_sig.txt ? I've been finding this empty text file on my desktop
lately and have no idea what's creating it or why. Anyone else know what this
is ?
More about what dxva_sig

    http://forum.osnn.net/archive/index.php/t-41526.html

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:mhp4p0lnpg7ukrlobvefro3ath2ht56smf@4ax.com,
    Husky <cbminfo@toast.net> hunted and pecked:

    "Husky" <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote in message
    > what is dxva_sig.txt ? I've been finding this empty text file on my
    > desktop
    > lately and have no idea what's creating it or why. Anyone else know what
    > this
    > is ?
    > --
    > more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html

    ======================================
    This Google hit may lead you to some answer eventually:
    http://forum.osnn.net/archive/index.php/t-41526.html
    ======================================

    DxVA = DirectX Video Acceleration. Try your post in a newsgroup for Windows
    Media Player. For example:

    --
    Ted Zieglar

    "Husky" <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote in message
    > what is dxva_sig.txt ? I've been finding this empty text file on my
    desktop
    > lately and have no idea what's creating it or why. Anyone else know what
    this
    > is ?
    > --
    > more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:13:23 -0700, "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    Not really. the guy that asked it claimed the fix failed.
    Interesting that it is only a 1 month old problem. And out of all the searches
    I did for that text file, there was next to nothing on it.
    About a month ago ATI released their newest Catalyst Software for the AIW's.

    >http://forum.osnn.net/archive/index.php/t-41526.html
    >
    >--
    >Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >Wes

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:05:44 -0500, Husky <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote:

    Fix for this and the 0 byte dxva_sig.txt file getting written [to my desktop,
    others claimed it got written elsewhere.] was to upgrade to win media 10.

    >what is dxva_sig.txt ? I've been finding this empty text file on my desktop
    >lately and have no idea what's creating it or why. Anyone else know what this
    >is ?

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:05:44 -0500, Husky <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote:

    The fix isn't 100%. The infra red movies are now normal, but the zero byte file
    is still appearing when I play a WM file online.

    >Fix for this and the 0 byte dxva_sig.txt file getting written [to my desktop,
    >others claimed it got written elsewhere.] was to upgrade to win media 10.

    >what is dxva_sig.txt ? I've been finding this empty text file on my desktop
    >lately and have no idea what's creating it or why. Anyone else know what this
    >is ?

    I got rid of the infra red movies, but I'm still getting that 0 byte
    dxva_sig.txt file on my desktop.
    Still have no idea what it is or what puts it there, or how to stop it. It
    serves no purpose that I can use. zero bytes is zero bytes. Doesn't even say
    who is interested in this thing.

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:05:44 -0500, Husky <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote:

    The fix isn't 100%. The infra red movies are now normal, but the zero byte file
    is still appearing when I play a WM file online.

    >Fix for this and the 0 byte dxva_sig.txt file getting written [to my desktop,
    >others claimed it got written elsewhere.] was to upgrade to win media 10.

    >what is dxva_sig.txt ? I've been finding this empty text file on my desktop
    >lately and have no idea what's creating it or why. Anyone else know what this
    >is ?

    I got rid of the infra red movies, but I'm still getting that 0 byte
    dxva_sig.txt file on my desktop.
    Still have no idea what it is or what puts it there, or how to stop it. It
    serves no purpose that I can use. zero bytes is zero bytes. Doesn't even say
    who is interested in this thing.

Microsoft Windows XP