Bluetooth_headset_on_¨PC_+_speakers

Hello

I bought today a bluetooth headset Sony Ericsson HBH-65, and a MSI
Bluetooth Dongle, and I use my HBH-65 as a headset for my computer.
But I cannot use both the HBH-65 and my speakers at the same time,
when I connect my HBH-65, my speakers stop sounding. Is there a way to
use both of them (HBH-65 + speakers) at the same time ?

Tanks

Bruno
8 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth headset speakers

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:55:34 -0700, Bruno wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I bought today a bluetooth headset Sony Ericsson HBH-65, and a MSI
    > Bluetooth Dongle, and I use my HBH-65 as a headset for my computer.
    > But I cannot use both the HBH-65 and my speakers at the same time,

    Correct.

    > when I connect my HBH-65, my speakers stop sounding. Is there a way to
    > use both of them (HBH-65 + speakers) at the same time ?

    Your BT headset is appearing as a sound-device to Windows, but
    AFAIK Windows will only drive one sound-device at a time, either your BT
    headset OR the soundcard and speakers.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:54:08 +0100, michael turner wrote:

    > On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:55:34 -0700, Bruno wrote:
    >
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> I bought today a bluetooth headset Sony Ericsson HBH-65, and a MSI
    >> Bluetooth Dongle, and I use my HBH-65 as a headset for my computer.
    >> But I cannot use both the HBH-65 and my speakers at the same time,
    >
    > Correct.
    >
    >> when I connect my HBH-65, my speakers stop sounding. Is there a way to
    >> use both of them (HBH-65 + speakers) at the same time ?
    >
    > Your BT headset is appearing as a sound-device to Windows, but
    > AFAIK Windows will only drive one sound-device at a time, either your BT
    > headset OR the soundcard and speakers.

    PS.

    MP3s do sound quite grotty when played thru a BT headset.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > PS.
    >
    > MP3s do sound quite grotty when played thru a BT headset.

    Yes I found out this ;)
    However, my original goal was to use it as a headset only for vocal
    conversation (with MSN and Skype), unfortunately, my interlocutor can
    barely hear me, and so far I was not able to work it out... if someone
    got a solution, I'm listening :)

    Bruno
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    >> I bought today a bluetooth headset Sony Ericsson HBH-65, and a MSI
    >> Bluetooth Dongle, and I use my HBH-65 as a headset for my computer.
    >> But I cannot use both the HBH-65 and my speakers at the same time,
    >
    > Correct.
    >
    >> when I connect my HBH-65, my speakers stop sounding. Is there a way to
    >> use both of them (HBH-65 + speakers) at the same time ?
    >
    > Your BT headset is appearing as a sound-device to Windows, but
    > AFAIK Windows will only drive one sound-device at a time, either your BT
    > headset OR the soundcard and speakers.

    Windows can drive multiple soundcards simultaneously, BUT programs usually
    can only drive one sound device at once, you start a program playing on one
    device, then either change the primary playback device or in the next
    program select the playback device to use.

    Programs like Skype can - and do - work with both quite well, ie they play
    the telephone ringing sounds through the loudspeakers and you can listen
    through the BT headset if you so want.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Oh - that's different, I have a Plantronics M3000 headset and while it has
    volume controls for the earpiece, both on the device itself, and on the PC,
    Volume control. The Mic sensitivity has no adjustments that I can make, is
    yours the same?

    BTW It works perfectly for VOIP internet programs.

    >> MP3s do sound quite grotty when played thru a BT headset.
    >
    > Yes I found out this ;)
    > However, my original goal was to use it as a headset only for vocal
    > conversation (with MSN and Skype), unfortunately, my interlocutor can
    > barely hear me, and so far I was not able to work it out... if someone
    > got a solution, I'm listening :)
    >
    > Bruno
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    I can't adjust Mic sensivity too, I can only set the output volume (both
    on the headset and the PC). But evidently Sheppy, tou can use your
    headset for VoIP. I tried yesterday to use it with skype, and my
    correspondant either heard a deafening background noise or only a
    mutter. On the top of that, in audio setting in Skype, I don't know
    what to select for input audio : "Nforce" or "Bluetooth" ? I tried both
    of them, and it didn't work with both of them.

    If someone can help me...

    Bruno

    (PS : forgive my weird language, I'm not english...)

    --
    Bruno
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Well to use the BT Headset - when paired, and when you have an active
    connection you select BT Headset, it works fine.

    To test use a program that can record an audio input, such as sndrec32.exe,
    and test using that. Select the audio input used in Audio options in control
    panel. You can playback what's recorded and it gives you a good idea of
    what's happening.

    > I can't adjust Mic sensivity too, I can only set the output volume (both
    > on the headset and the PC). But evidently Sheppy, tou can use your
    > headset for VoIP. I tried yesterday to use it with skype, and my
    > correspondant either heard a deafening background noise or only a
    > mutter. On the top of that, in audio setting in Skype, I don't know
    > what to select for input audio : "Nforce" or "Bluetooth" ? I tried both
    > of them, and it didn't work with both of them.
    >
    > If someone can help me...
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    I tried what you said, and the problem is that, even when setting audio
    input to the maximum volume, I can barely hear myself. Perhaps you know
    what to do ?

    --
    Bruno

Bluetooth Gaming Headsets Speakers