Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Bluetooth_headset_on_¨PC_+_speakers

Last response: in Technologies
Share
October 16, 2004 2:55:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

Hello

I bought today a bluetooth headset Sony Ericsson HBH-65, and a MSI
Bluetooth Dongle, and I use my HBH-65 as a headset for my computer.
But I cannot use both the HBH-65 and my speakers at the same time,
when I connect my HBH-65, my speakers stop sounding. Is there a way to
use both of them (HBH-65 + speakers) at the same time ?

Tanks

Bruno
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 1:54:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:55:34 -0700, Bruno wrote:

> Hello
>
> I bought today a bluetooth headset Sony Ericsson HBH-65, and a MSI
> Bluetooth Dongle, and I use my HBH-65 as a headset for my computer.
> But I cannot use both the HBH-65 and my speakers at the same time,

Correct.

> when I connect my HBH-65, my speakers stop sounding. Is there a way to
> use both of them (HBH-65 + speakers) at the same time ?

Your BT headset is appearing as a sound-device to Windows, but
AFAIK Windows will only drive one sound-device at a time, either your BT
headset OR the soundcard and speakers.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 1:59:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:54:08 +0100, michael turner wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:55:34 -0700, Bruno wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I bought today a bluetooth headset Sony Ericsson HBH-65, and a MSI
>> Bluetooth Dongle, and I use my HBH-65 as a headset for my computer.
>> But I cannot use both the HBH-65 and my speakers at the same time,
>
> Correct.
>
>> when I connect my HBH-65, my speakers stop sounding. Is there a way to
>> use both of them (HBH-65 + speakers) at the same time ?
>
> Your BT headset is appearing as a sound-device to Windows, but
> AFAIK Windows will only drive one sound-device at a time, either your BT
> headset OR the soundcard and speakers.

PS.

MP3s do sound quite grotty when played thru a BT headset.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
Related resources
October 17, 2004 5:47:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

> PS.
>
> MP3s do sound quite grotty when played thru a BT headset.

Yes I found out this ;) 
However, my original goal was to use it as a headset only for vocal
conversation (with MSN and Skype), unfortunately, my interlocutor can
barely hear me, and so far I was not able to work it out... if someone
got a solution, I'm listening :) 

Bruno
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 1:44:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

>> I bought today a bluetooth headset Sony Ericsson HBH-65, and a MSI
>> Bluetooth Dongle, and I use my HBH-65 as a headset for my computer.
>> But I cannot use both the HBH-65 and my speakers at the same time,
>
> Correct.
>
>> when I connect my HBH-65, my speakers stop sounding. Is there a way to
>> use both of them (HBH-65 + speakers) at the same time ?
>
> Your BT headset is appearing as a sound-device to Windows, but
> AFAIK Windows will only drive one sound-device at a time, either your BT
> headset OR the soundcard and speakers.

Windows can drive multiple soundcards simultaneously, BUT programs usually
can only drive one sound device at once, you start a program playing on one
device, then either change the primary playback device or in the next
program select the playback device to use.

Programs like Skype can - and do - work with both quite well, ie they play
the telephone ringing sounds through the loudspeakers and you can listen
through the BT headset if you so want.
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 3:19:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

Oh - that's different, I have a Plantronics M3000 headset and while it has
volume controls for the earpiece, both on the device itself, and on the PC,
Volume control. The Mic sensitivity has no adjustments that I can make, is
yours the same?

BTW It works perfectly for VOIP internet programs.

>> MP3s do sound quite grotty when played thru a BT headset.
>
> Yes I found out this ;) 
> However, my original goal was to use it as a headset only for vocal
> conversation (with MSN and Skype), unfortunately, my interlocutor can
> barely hear me, and so far I was not able to work it out... if someone
> got a solution, I'm listening :) 
>
> Bruno
October 17, 2004 4:06:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

I can't adjust Mic sensivity too, I can only set the output volume (both
on the headset and the PC). But evidently Sheppy, tou can use your
headset for VoIP. I tried yesterday to use it with skype, and my
correspondant either heard a deafening background noise or only a
mutter. On the top of that, in audio setting in Skype, I don't know
what to select for input audio : "Nforce" or "Bluetooth" ? I tried both
of them, and it didn't work with both of them.

If someone can help me...

Bruno

(PS : forgive my weird language, I'm not english...)


--
Bruno
brought to you by http://www.wifi-forum.com/
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 6:04:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

Well to use the BT Headset - when paired, and when you have an active
connection you select BT Headset, it works fine.

To test use a program that can record an audio input, such as sndrec32.exe,
and test using that. Select the audio input used in Audio options in control
panel. You can playback what's recorded and it gives you a good idea of
what's happening.

> I can't adjust Mic sensivity too, I can only set the output volume (both
> on the headset and the PC). But evidently Sheppy, tou can use your
> headset for VoIP. I tried yesterday to use it with skype, and my
> correspondant either heard a deafening background noise or only a
> mutter. On the top of that, in audio setting in Skype, I don't know
> what to select for input audio : "Nforce" or "Bluetooth" ? I tried both
> of them, and it didn't work with both of them.
>
> If someone can help me...
October 17, 2004 6:04:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

I tried what you said, and the problem is that, even when setting audio
input to the maximum volume, I can barely hear myself. Perhaps you know
what to do ?


--
Bruno
brought to you by http://www.wifi-forum.com/
!