Windows®_CE_.NET_4.2,_additional_applications

What is the meaning of " The Wireless Base Station MN-700
is powered by Windows® CE .NET 4.2, enabling Microsoft, its
partners and other developers to create additional
applications and benefits for customers" I take it people
can develop applications for the router? Has anyone
actually done this? Microsoft or otherwise, it just sounds
intresting!
2 answers Last reply
More about windows net additional applications

    It is probably referring to Windows CE Embedded being an open platform with
    tons of tools (http://msdn.microsoft.com/embedded/windowsce) publicly
    available to write apps with.

    However, as Microsoft exited the broadband hardware device business last
    year, I doubt that any company would now write to a defunct product line.

    "Brandon" wrote:

    > What is the meaning of " The Wireless Base Station MN-700
    > is powered by Windows® CE .NET 4.2, enabling Microsoft, its
    > partners and other developers to create additional
    > applications and benefits for customers" I take it people
    > can develop applications for the router? Has anyone
    > actually done this? Microsoft or otherwise, it just sounds
    > intresting!

    Shame!

Routers Hardware Microsoft Networking