Windows®_CE_.NET_4.2,_additional_applications

What is the meaning of " The Wireless Base Station MN-700
is powered by Windows® CE .NET 4.2, enabling Microsoft, its
partners and other developers to create additional
applications and benefits for customers" I take it people
can develop applications for the router? Has anyone
actually done this? Microsoft or otherwise, it just sounds
intresting!

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It is probably referring to Windows CE Embedded being an open platform with
tons of tools (http://msdn.microsoft.com/embedded/windowsce) publicly
available to write apps with.

However, as Microsoft exited the broadband hardware device business last
year, I doubt that any company would now write to a defunct product line.

"Brandon" wrote:

> What is the meaning of " The Wireless Base Station MN-700
> is powered by Windows® CE .NET 4.2, enabling Microsoft, its
> partners and other developers to create additional
> applications and benefits for customers" I take it people
> can develop applications for the router? Has anyone
> actually done this? Microsoft or otherwise, it just sounds
> intresting!

Shame!