I can´t see the lan

I have several Thoshiba Notebooks in peer to peer Lan with Windows XP SP2.
All of them have real ip adress, and see the Internet throguh a Cisco router
connected to a leased line. I have the following problem: one laptop can
navegate, see the rest of the laptops using a ping, but is not able to see
the shared resources of the workgroup. I get a message explaining that have
no access to the Workgroup. Somebody help me please. Thanks.

www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

Carey

"amario" <m17081951@yahoo.es> wrote in message
>I have several Thoshiba Notebooks in peer to peer Lan with Windows XP SP2.
>All of them have real ip adress, and see the Internet throguh a Cisco
>router connected to a leased line. I have the following problem: one laptop
>can navegate, see the rest of the laptops using a ping, but is not able to
>see the shared resources of the workgroup. I get a message explaining that
>have no access to the Workgroup. Somebody help me please. Thanks.

I have the exact same problem . I've installed a small home network using a
desktop and a notebook (toshiba as well , perhaps the solution lays there in)
connected using a LEVEL1 accespoint/router . The desktop shows the folder
i've set up to share locally but does not show the notebook . when I go to
"my networkplaces" and I select "search other computers on the network" I get
a message saying that I am not authorized to view the network and I should
contact my system administrator to obtain authorization . Considering the
fact that I AM the administrator and I don't have a clue , you can understand
the pickle I'm in . Perhaps other toshiba owners could lend some help .

Note to Carey Holzman : I'm not sure when you posted that adres but it
doesn't open . Found a lot of usefull stuff on the homepage though , so
thanks for that .

Greetz Igor Bollaert
Belgium

"amario" wrote:

> I have several Thoshiba Notebooks in peer to peer Lan with Windows XP SP2.
> All of them have real ip adress, and see the Internet throguh a Cisco router
> connected to a leased line. I have the following problem: one laptop can
> navegate, see the rest of the laptops using a ping, but is not able to see
> the shared resources of the workgroup. I get a message explaining that have
> no access to the Workgroup. Somebody help me please. Thanks.

I just did it and it opened for me...

www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

I suggest you try it again.

Carey