Workgroups (2° posting cos no replies)

Hi

I'm useless on Networks and workgroups so patience please

I have installed Hamachi on my computer (a type of private P2P software)

To get it to work, I also had to create a local Network.

While creating the local network one of the instructions were as follows.

"From now on keep on going 'next' and select the Hamachi virtual adapter as
your network connection."

But the option never came up and the Workgroup was created anyway.

So now I'd like to get into the properties of the Workgroup or delete it and
start again.

But when I right click on the Workgroup, I only get a 'General' Tab which
says
'Microsoft Local Network'

No way to see properties or to delete.

Can anyone help please in configuring or deleting a Workgroup?

Thanks in advance

Dave Neve
4 answers Last reply
More about workgroups posting cos replies

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 21:37:56 +0200, "Dave Neve"
    <NoAddressForSpammers@Nofs.fr> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I'm useless on Networks and workgroups so patience please
    >
    >I have installed Hamachi on my computer (a type of private P2P software)
    >
    >To get it to work, I also had to create a local Network.
    >
    >While creating the local network one of the instructions were as follows.
    >
    >"From now on keep on going 'next' and select the Hamachi virtual adapter as
    >your network connection."
    >
    >But the option never came up and the Workgroup was created anyway.
    >
    >So now I'd like to get into the properties of the Workgroup or delete it and
    >start again.
    >
    >But when I right click on the Workgroup, I only get a 'General' Tab which
    >says
    >'Microsoft Local Network'
    >
    >No way to see properties or to delete.
    >
    >Can anyone help please in configuring or deleting a Workgroup?
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >
    >Dave Neve

    You need to practice being patient. Impatience is not well regarded
    or rewarded here. Posting the same message twice in just 12 hours is
    not considered good netiquette. Wait a day or so and THEN try again.

    NobodyMan wrote:

    > On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 21:37:56 +0200, "Dave Neve"
    > <NoAddressForSpammers@Nofs.fr> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi
    >>
    >>I'm useless on Networks and workgroups so patience please
    >>
    >>I have installed Hamachi on my computer (a type of private P2P
    >>software)
    >>
    >>To get it to work, I also had to create a local Network.
    >>
    >>While creating the local network one of the instructions were as
    >>follows.
    >>
    >>"From now on keep on going 'next' and select the Hamachi virtual
    >>adapter as your network connection."
    >>
    >>But the option never came up and the Workgroup was created anyway.
    >>
    >>So now I'd like to get into the properties of the Workgroup or delete
    >>it and start again.
    >>
    >>But when I right click on the Workgroup, I only get a 'General' Tab
    >>which says
    >>'Microsoft Local Network'
    >>
    >>No way to see properties or to delete.
    >>
    >>Can anyone help please in configuring or deleting a Workgroup?
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance
    >>
    >>Dave Neve
    >>
    > You need to practice being patient. Impatience is not well regarded
    > or rewarded here. Posting the same message twice in just 12 hours is
    > not considered good netiquette. Wait a day or so and THEN try again.

    Besides, your question is regarding some third-party software that is
    not generally well known. I Googled "Hamachi" and they are "proud to
    have 135,000 users now", so you know this isn't a widely known service
    that has been around for a long time. Contact Hamachi tech support or
    do as their webpage says and ask your question in their user forums
    first. If you still can't figure it out, use other software that is
    easier to understand or have a knowledgeable friend (one that is
    *really* knowledgeable, not one who just says he is) or a computer
    professional come and set it up for you.

    Here's the url for their support:
    http://www.hamachi.cc/support

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Hi

    Although I spoke of a third party software, my question was about the
    properties or the supression of a Microsoft Workgroup on a Microsoft Network
    on an XP system.

    In view of this fact, can you help me please?

    Regards

    Dave Neve

    uHv%23SQchFHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

    Dave Neve wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Although I spoke of a third party software, my question was about the
    > properties or the supression of a Microsoft Workgroup on a Microsoft
    > Network on an XP system.

    Probably the easiest way to reverse the changes you've made would be to
    do a System Restore to before you installed the Hamachi software.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com