Control_Panel_doesn´t_work

I have W-XP SP2 and everything is ok until... I try to install a new
application (it´s seems whitout support over XP). The new application doesn´t
work with a error msg tell it´s doesn´t work in this platform. It was an
error on my behalf not to verify if it could run in XP. Well, then I have 2
main problems:
1) I can´t remove the application and they still partially running
2) When I try to access to Control Panel (Start - Setting - Control Panel)
then.. the whole desk blinks, turns off and lights all the icons in him and
finishes without making nothing
What can I do to solve the problem with de Control Panel and indeed
uninstall the failing application ?
Thank you for the help and apologies for my English
7 answers Last reply
More about control panel doesna work

    if you go to start, run and type in appwiz.cpl does that freeze it as well?
    should open add/remove programs for you...

    good luck

    "Sofito23" wrote:

    > I have W-XP SP2 and everything is ok until... I try to install a new
    > application (it´s seems whitout support over XP). The new application doesn´t
    > work with a error msg tell it´s doesn´t work in this platform. It was an
    > error on my behalf not to verify if it could run in XP. Well, then I have 2
    > main problems:
    > 1) I can´t remove the application and they still partially running
    > 2) When I try to access to Control Panel (Start - Setting - Control Panel)
    > then.. the whole desk blinks, turns off and lights all the icons in him and
    > finishes without making nothing
    > What can I do to solve the problem with de Control Panel and indeed
    > uninstall the failing application ?
    > Thank you for the help and apologies for my English

    Kelly, doesn´t is freeze and sometimes (I don´t know why & when) the control
    panel work and I try Add/Remove program for my app. but tell "uninstall.exe
    missing" because that I say I have two problems: Uninstall the app. is one &
    make the control panel work allways is the other one.
    Thanks

    "Kelly" wrote:

    > if you go to start, run and type in appwiz.cpl does that freeze it as well?
    > should open add/remove programs for you...
    >
    > good luck
    >

    > "Sofito23" wrote:
    >
    > > I have W-XP SP2 and everything is ok until... I try to install a new
    > > application (it´s seems whitout support over XP). The new application doesn´t
    > > work with a error msg tell it´s doesn´t work in this platform. It was an
    > > error on my behalf not to verify if it could run in XP. Well, then I have 2
    > > main problems:
    > > 1) I can´t remove the application and they still partially running
    > > 2) When I try to access to Control Panel (Start - Setting - Control Panel)
    > > then.. the whole desk blinks, turns off and lights all the icons in him and
    > > finishes without making nothing
    > > What can I do to solve the problem with de Control Panel and indeed
    > > uninstall the failing application ?
    > > Thank you for the help and apologies for my English

    I have used the following successfully most of the time:

    Do a search for the application. Then throw everything with that name into
    the trash. It seems to remove the program

    wganz@comcast.net

    "Sofito23" <Sofito23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have W-XP SP2 and everything is ok until... I try to install a new
    > application (it´s seems whitout support over XP). The new application
    > doesn´t
    > work with a error msg tell it´s doesn´t work in this platform. It was an
    > error on my behalf not to verify if it could run in XP. Well, then I have
    > 2
    > main problems:
    > 1) I can´t remove the application and they still partially running
    > 2) When I try to access to Control Panel (Start - Setting - Control Panel)
    > then.. the whole desk blinks, turns off and lights all the icons in him
    > and
    > finishes without making nothing
    > What can I do to solve the problem with de Control Panel and indeed
    > uninstall the failing application ?
    > Thank you for the help and apologies for my English

    try scanning for spyware and viruses as well... i know that's always the
    first thing people say but it really does end up solving some issues... and
    another idea, update your antivirus and antispyware software in normal mode,
    reboot to safe mode and scan there, that way if there is a virus running, it
    shouldn't be running here and may be easier to get rid of

    good luck

    "Sofito23" wrote:

    > Kelly, doesn´t is freeze and sometimes (I don´t know why & when) the control
    > panel work and I try Add/Remove program for my app. but tell "uninstall.exe
    > missing" because that I say I have two problems: Uninstall the app. is one &
    > make the control panel work allways is the other one.
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Kelly" wrote:
    >
    > > if you go to start, run and type in appwiz.cpl does that freeze it as well?
    > > should open add/remove programs for you...
    > >
    > > good luck
    > >

    > > "Sofito23" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I have W-XP SP2 and everything is ok until... I try to install a new
    > > > application (it´s seems whitout support over XP). The new application doesn´t
    > > > work with a error msg tell it´s doesn´t work in this platform. It was an
    > > > error on my behalf not to verify if it could run in XP. Well, then I have 2
    > > > main problems:
    > > > 1) I can´t remove the application and they still partially running
    > > > 2) When I try to access to Control Panel (Start - Setting - Control Panel)
    > > > then.. the whole desk blinks, turns off and lights all the icons in him and
    > > > finishes without making nothing
    > > > What can I do to solve the problem with de Control Panel and indeed
    > > > uninstall the failing application ?
    > > > Thank you for the help and apologies for my English

    Kelly who?

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > if you go to start, run and type in appwiz.cpl does that freeze it as
    > well?
    > should open add/remove programs for you...
    >
    > good luck
    >

    > "Sofito23" wrote:
    >
    >> I have W-XP SP2 and everything is ok until... I try to install a new
    >> application (it´s seems whitout support over XP). The new application
    >> doesn´t
    >> work with a error msg tell it´s doesn´t work in this platform. It was an
    >> error on my behalf not to verify if it could run in XP. Well, then I have
    >> 2
    >> main problems:
    >> 1) I can´t remove the application and they still partially running
    >> 2) When I try to access to Control Panel (Start - Setting - Control
    >> Panel)
    >> then.. the whole desk blinks, turns off and lights all the icons in him
    >> and
    >> finishes without making nothing
    >> What can I do to solve the problem with de Control Panel and indeed
    >> uninstall the failing application ?
    >> Thank you for the help and apologies for my English

    Hi,

    If the program(s) are listed in Add or Remove, you can remove them from
    here:

    Start/Run/Regedit

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{}

    More measures to follow here for better success:

    Troubleshooting, Removing and/or Cleaning Add or Remove Programs
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#addremove

    --

    > try scanning for spyware and viruses as well... i know that's always the
    > first thing people say but it really does end up solving some issues...
    > and
    > another idea, update your antivirus and antispyware software in normal
    > mode,
    > reboot to safe mode and scan there, that way if there is a virus running,
    > it
    > shouldn't be running here and may be easier to get rid of
    >
    > good luck
    >

    > "Sofito23" wrote:
    >
    >> Kelly, doesn´t is freeze and sometimes (I don´t know why & when) the
    >> control
    >> panel work and I try Add/Remove program for my app. but tell
    >> "uninstall.exe
    >> missing" because that I say I have two problems: Uninstall the app. is
    >> one &
    >> make the control panel work allways is the other one.
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> "Kelly" wrote:
    >>
    >> > if you go to start, run and type in appwiz.cpl does that freeze it as
    >> > well?
    >> > should open add/remove programs for you...
    >> >
    >> > good luck

Control Panel Windows XP