Can´t_open_windows_explorer_or_i

Dirk

The computer boots normally , I have four users on the same computer , 3 user
can open windows explorer and internet explorer, 1 user can´t, nothing
happens when you click the icons
also control panel won´t open for that one user
I heard about third party browsers ?

please help

thanks

dirk

"dirk" <dirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The computer boots normally , I have four users on the same computer , 3 user
>can open windows explorer and internet explorer, 1 user can´t, nothing
>happens when you click the icons
>also control panel won´t open for that one user

Create a new user account and logon. Logoff all users and copy the one
account, where the Explorer does not work, to the new account. Logon
to the new account and retry. If this works now, delete the old user
profile.
"How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151)

--
(tm)