Voyager 1040_Wireless Adapters/_

Recently on and off now for some time on a Windows XP PC the Voyager 1040
Wireless Adapter doesn't seem to be working. Whe I turn on the PC sometimes
the green wireless thing in the bottom left hand corner hasn't showed up.
Neither has the networking symbol. This means I can't get onto the network at
all. I am on another PC now on the same network, this is a older slower and
not as good as the other PC and this one works fine. What is rong with it and
why sometimes won't it work. Could it be the Voyager 2100 in which the serial
number is 0431010996E. This has 1 PC's and 2 Laptops which all work and then
there is this one which doesn't. Sometimes the PC recognises the network and
sometimes it doesn't. When the Voyager icon is clicked it resopnds with "No
Adapters Available". We have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the
software and this didn't help much. It still only a few times comected to the
network like it had been doing.

When we go to Control Panel / Add Hardware it responds with network
controller not available.

The PC is only about 8m away from the Voyager 2100 and in the same room a
laptop works fine with a strong signal using a 1020 Wireless adapter.

Please advise, is it a actual problem with the 1040 adapter or the 2100
Voyager. Could it even be something to do with some microsoft software?

Please Help
Thanks
Alastair Gray

Try the microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless newsgroup.