hp_deskjet_680c_doesn´t_work

My windows xp does not recognize my printer (deskjet
680c), the plug and play (bios/setup and lpt1) is on. But
there is no communication between printer and computer. I
Also had a simillar problem w/ a deskjet 400, before
changing to the actual printer.

Right click on My Computer and select Properties. In the Hardware tab,
select Device Manager. In Ports (Com and LPT) click on the LPT port.... in
the Port Settings, ensure that there is a check mark against "Enable Legacy
Plug and Play Devices".
--
Cari
www.coribright.com