Can´t send a fax without having to hang-up the phone

I´d like to know if it´s possible to send a fax in Winfax Pro 10.03
whithout having to hang-up the call. It would something like the
"Manual Receive" function, but instead of receiving it would be to be
sending the fax.

Tks in advance for any help.
6 answers Last reply
More about send fax hang phone

    Why do you want it to not hang up after sending?

    "lgoulart" <me@somewhere.com> wrote in message
    > I´d like to know if it´s possible to send a fax in Winfax Pro 10.03
    > whithout having to hang-up the call. It would something like the
    > "Manual Receive" function, but instead of receiving it would be to be
    > sending the fax.
    >
    > Tks in advance for any help.

    No, that´s not the point. What I´m trying to do is, for example, I
    call someone talk with the person for a while and during the same
    call, without hanging-up the phone, send a fax to him, like you do on
    a normal fax machine. Do you got my problem?

    On Mon, 3 May 2004 20:38:55 -0500, "Victor D."

    >Why do you want it to not hang up after sending?
    >
    >"lgoulart" <me@somewhere.com> wrote in message
    >> I´d like to know if it´s possible to send a fax in Winfax Pro 10.03
    >> whithout having to hang-up the call. It would something like the
    >> "Manual Receive" function, but instead of receiving it would be to be
    >> sending the fax.
    >>
    >> Tks in advance for any help.

    I wasn't making a point. I was asking a question. And I'm pretty sure even
    a normal fax machine cannot send a fax while you are on the phone talking to
    that person. It has to dial the number and comunicate to the other fax
    machine. It cannot do that when the line is in use.

    I'm not familiar with WinFax Pro I know the XP fax program cannot. Maybe
    someone else here can help with some anwers for ya.....

    > No, that´s not the point. What I´m trying to do is, for example, I
    > call someone talk with the person for a while and during the same
    > call, without hanging-up the phone, send a fax to him, like you do on
    > a normal fax machine. Do you got my problem?
    >
    > On Mon, 3 May 2004 20:38:55 -0500, "Victor D."
    > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Why do you want it to not hang up after sending?
    > >
    > >"lgoulart" <me@somewhere.com> wrote in message
    > >> I´d like to know if it´s possible to send a fax in Winfax Pro 10.03
    > >> whithout having to hang-up the call. It would something like the
    > >> "Manual Receive" function, but instead of receiving it would be to be
    > >> sending the fax.
    > >>
    > >> Tks in advance for any help.

    When making a voice call, with a standard fax machine, you can switch modes,
    from voice to fax, during the same session without hanging up the line.
    However, I have never seems any computer faxing system, Windows or Unix,
    which would allow this. The faxing systems always assume that the fax modem
    needs to directly call the receiver's fax.

    Y.

    "Victor D." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I wasn't making a point. I was asking a question. And I'm pretty sure
    even
    > a normal fax machine cannot send a fax while you are on the phone talking
    > that person. It has to dial the number and comunicate to the other fax
    > machine. It cannot do that when the line is in use.
    >
    > I'm not familiar with WinFax Pro I know the XP fax program cannot. Maybe
    > someone else here can help with some anwers for ya.....
    >
    > "lgoulart" <me@somewhere.com> wrote in message
    > > No, that´s not the point. What I´m trying to do is, for example, I
    > > call someone talk with the person for a while and during the same
    > > call, without hanging-up the phone, send a fax to him, like you do on
    > > a normal fax machine. Do you got my problem?
    > >
    > > On Mon, 3 May 2004 20:38:55 -0500, "Victor D."
    > > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Why do you want it to not hang up after sending?
    > > >
    > > >"lgoulart" <me@somewhere.com> wrote in message

    My whole doubt is because the Winfax program has an option for "Manual
    receive" of a fax and that is, as you said, switching modes during the
    same session without hanging up the line. That´s why I was wondering
    if I can send a fax the same way, it would like a "Manual Send" option
    (which if exists in Winfax I haven´t been able to find).

    BTW, tks for your help! :-)

    On Tue, 4 May 2004 09:22:52 -0400, "Yves Leclerc"
    <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote:

    >When making a voice call, with a standard fax machine, you can switch modes,
    >from voice to fax, during the same session without hanging up the line.
    >However, I have never seems any computer faxing system, Windows or Unix,
    >which would allow this. The faxing systems always assume that the fax modem
    >needs to directly call the receiver's fax.
    >
    >Y.
    >
    >"Victor D." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> I wasn't making a point. I was asking a question. And I'm pretty sure
    >even
    >> a normal fax machine cannot send a fax while you are on the phone talking
    >> that person. It has to dial the number and comunicate to the other fax
    >> machine. It cannot do that when the line is in use.
    >>
    >> I'm not familiar with WinFax Pro I know the XP fax program cannot. Maybe
    >> someone else here can help with some anwers for ya.....
    >>
    >> "lgoulart" <me@somewhere.com> wrote in message
    >> > No, that´s not the point. What I´m trying to do is, for example, I
    >> > call someone talk with the person for a while and during the same
    >> > call, without hanging-up the phone, send a fax to him, like you do on
    >> > a normal fax machine. Do you got my problem?

    You should be able to send a fax during a phone call if you have a standard
    telephone plugged into the SAME TELEPHONE LINE as the Fax modem AND you go
    into modem properties and select to NOT wait for a dialtone. I haven't
    tried this under Windows XP yet, but one used to be able to turn off the
    "wait for dialtone" feature, compose a fax with a short (1 or 2 digit) bogus
    phone number, make the phonecall to a person-assisted Fax machine with the
    telephone, and send the fax to the person talking on the handset of this
    dedicated Fax machine by telling him/her to press the "Start" button when
    your modem finish sending the 1 or 2 touchtones you gave for the bogus
    number.

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

    > My whole doubt is because the Winfax program has an option for "Manual
    > receive" of a fax and that is, as you said, switching modes during the
    > same session without hanging up the line. That´s why I was wondering
    > if I can send a fax the same way, it would like a "Manual Send" option
    > (which if exists in Winfax I haven´t been able to find).
    >
    > BTW, tks for your help! :-)
    >
    > On Tue, 4 May 2004 09:22:52 -0400, "Yves Leclerc"
    > <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote:
    >
    > >When making a voice call, with a standard fax machine, you can switch
    modes,
    > >from voice to fax, during the same session without hanging up the line.
    > >However, I have never seems any computer faxing system, Windows or Unix,
    > >which would allow this. The faxing systems always assume that the fax
    modem
    > >needs to directly call the receiver's fax.
    > >
    > >Y.

Phones Fax Microsoft Windows XP