SanDisk Cruzer® Mini 128MB

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
October 25, 2004 12:12:33 AM

Hi there,

as you may know I prepared a old laptop for my Brother (See previous
postings). He is home today and had hoped he could use his SanDisk Cruzer®
Mini 128MB. Now looking at Sandisk site' this stick can't be used for W95,
unless somebody knows how to help me in this matter.

When we plug the stick into the USB port, it does not have a drive letter in
My Computer, so..... :(

Any advise is welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Ellen
Anonymous
October 25, 2004 11:26:20 AM

If SanDisk says it can't be used with W95, I would be inclined to believe
them. A manufacturer who knows how to make their product work with W95
(which is difficult) would usually be only too pleased to say so.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
"Ellen" <e.danen@hone.xp> wrote in message
news:o OSUTUfuEHA.3200@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hi there,
>
> as you may know I prepared a old laptop for my Brother (See previous
> postings). He is home today and had hoped he could use his SanDisk
> Cruzer®
> Mini 128MB. Now looking at Sandisk site' this stick can't be used for
> W95,
> unless somebody knows how to help me in this matter.
>
> When we plug the stick into the USB port, it does not have a drive letter
> in
> My Computer, so..... :(
>
> Any advise is welcome!
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ellen

Anonymous
October 25, 2004 3:10:45 PM

Hi Jeff,

thanks for your reply. I am inclined to believe them too.
I only learned with Ad-Aware SE for example that it does work on W95 while
they don't say so, SO I was just double-checking.

I think my brother is going to check for a Memory stick which still will
work on W95. So let's cross our fingers.

Best regards,
Ellen

OOOALAhuEHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...