Nokia's Batman Lumia 900 Priced at £600, Launching June 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzznarf

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Who would seriously pay for a batman phone? Not only are DC characters 1-dimensional, but Batman is nothing more than a rich guy with a really lame costume. Short of Aquaman, Batman is the worst of the DC characters. Think about it, he wears a costume with bat ears and a cape, that is really just a ..cape.
At least Spiderman had spider abilities. Batman is just some rich dude, with an old butler, and stupid gadgets. Now add in that everything has to be 'bat' themed. Bat mobile, bat bike, batcopter, baterang, batcrap..... etc.. Get rid of the 'bat' everything and you will at least slow down on the sucking so damn much... learn to fly like IronMan and then you're getting somewhere.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
The movie tickets are not FREE, they are included with the price of the bundle.

Considering this is the middle of 2012, the tech inside the Lumia series is rather early 2011 - the single core CPU along with LOW-RES 2010 quality screen. I love the look of the L800 as the 900 is too damn big.

Need a WP8 with dual core 1200x720 rez and user controlled colored tiled like I can do on my Android.

Because of those issues, I may go for another Android phone and apply the WP7 interface like I do now.

zetzabre

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
In other words, a good looking phone that has garbage in the inside.

Sorry if i'm offensive, but a single core cpu, 512mb of ram...........No thanks, i can get something better now at a lower price.

[citation][nom]zetzabre[/nom]In other words, a good looking phone that has garbage in the inside.Sorry if i'm offensive, but a single core cpu, 512mb of ram...........No thanks, i can get something better now at a lower price.[/citation]
If the phone doesn't need as much RAM to function equally or better than another phone with more, why would it matter? If it runs faster on a slower CPU, than most other phones, why does it matter?

It is the end result that matters, not the speed of the processor or the amount of ram.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]zetzabre[/nom]In other words, a good looking phone that has garbage in the inside.Sorry if i'm offensive, but a single core cpu, 512mb of ram...........No thanks, i can get something better now at a lower price.[/citation]

LOL your one of the masses that fall for the "better specs = better phone" crap. Then we go on to wonder why manufacturers make hundreds of "me too" devices that have a followup model released every few months.

Its more better!!! derp, derp

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
for that price, you can buy a regular Lumia 900 then pay someone to engrave that logo for you, then use the rest of the money to buy an android phone that you can use to get actual work done

burntham77

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]If the phone doesn't need as much RAM to function equally or better than another phone with more, why would it matter? If it runs faster on a slower CPU, than most other phones, why does it matter?It is the end result that matters, not the speed of the processor or the amount of ram.[/citation]

Try not to focus too much on hardware specs in the mobile space. Windows Phone 7.5 is built to not need much in the way of fast hardware. In that way it is much like iOS. I am running an older Samsung Focus with fairly low end hardware and WP7 is flawless.

zetzabre

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]LOL your one of the masses that fall for the "better specs = better phone" crap. Then we go on to wonder why manufacturers make hundreds of "me too" devices that have a followup model released every few months.Its more better!!! derp, derp[/citation]
Dude, you don't understand a single thing about phones. Do you really know actual requirements and standards? Let me be clear, i'm not just judging from a specs view, i'm judging from what we have now and what Nokia is offering, and i'm saying this: we already have better things than this.

Read some tech news and don't write hate comments, because you are in a very ridiculous situation.

zetzabre

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]If the phone doesn't need as much RAM to function equally or better than another phone with more, why would it matter? If it runs faster on a slower CPU, than most other phones, why does it matter?It is the end result that matters, not the speed of the processor or the amount of ram.[/citation]

And you really think this phone has evolved enough to beat the dual and quad core phones?. Don't forget about the additional software you can get throught the internet, will they run better? how many of them?. Is the price good enough?

Well, it's still a little early to say "yes" or "no", i give you that. But i have not really much hope for this phone.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]The movie tickets are not FREE, they are included with the price of the bundle.Considering this is the middle of 2012, the tech inside the Lumia series is rather early 2011 - the single core CPU along with LOW-RES 2010 quality screen. I love the look of the L800 as the 900 is too damn big. Need a WP8 with dual core 1200x720 rez and user controlled colored tiled like I can do on my Android.Because of those issues, I may go for another Android phone and apply the WP7 interface like I do now.[/citation]
Yeah, it's a pity about the res, still... best screen in sunlight...

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Ho-ho-ho-ho... Ha-ha-ha-ha... Hi-hi-hi-hi... They've made my day. After my family has been Nokia addics for over a decade, I doubt that any of us will be getting Micronokia Phone ever again. Too bad for the Finns I think they are descent people but to sell their company to Microsoft's gang was the worst move ever.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]fuzznarf[/nom]Who would seriously pay for a batman phone? Not only are DC characters 1-dimensional, but Batman is nothing more than a rich guy with a really lame costume. Short of Aquaman, Batman is the worst of the DC characters. Think about it, he wears a costume with bat ears and a cape, that is really just a ..cape.At least Spiderman had spider abilities. Batman is just some rich dude, with an old butler, and stupid gadgets. Now add in that everything has to be 'bat' themed. Bat mobile, bat bike, batcopter, baterang, batcrap..... etc.. Get rid of the 'bat' everything and you will at least slow down on the sucking so damn much... learn to fly like IronMan and then you're getting somewhere.[/citation]
Don't hate batman. It is the only DC comics superhero i like. Give the guy a break, The guy doesn't have any type of supper power, only his brain and a bunch of gadget and a lot of time had owned must of the other super powered super heroes.

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
[citation][nom]burntham77[/nom]Try not to focus too much on hardware specs in the mobile space. Windows Phone 7.5 is built to not need much in the way of fast hardware. In that way it is much like iOS. I am running an older Samsung Focus with fairly low end hardware and WP7 is flawless.[/citation]

Microsoft is not known to create efficient software. And even if for some reasons WP7 is efficient enough then there are still the 3rd party software that would always require the best hardware, which basically means that you'll never ever get as good game on WP7 as on any other platform and it is not just the games.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]zetzabre[/nom]Dude, you don't understand a single thing about phones. Do you really know actual requirements and standards? Let me be clear, i'm not just judging from a specs view, i'm judging from what we have now and what Nokia is offering, and i'm saying this: we already have better things than this. Read some tech news and don't write hate comments, because you are in a very ridiculous situation.[/citation]

Sorry my friend you are the one who is misinformed. You obviously have no actual knowledge of the Windows Phone operating system and have never used a phone equipped with it. As a business software developer myself I know first hand that efficient coding often makes a bigger difference than the hardware running it.

Windows phones run smoother on lower speced phones compared to Android counter parts for a reason. The windows app marketplace has tighter controls than Android market for a reason. The apps in Windows marketplace are made sure than they perform adequately for the hardware vs Android where there is little to no policing of the apps and performance can vary wildly due to very poorly written apps.

zetzabre

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]Sorry my friend you are the one who is misinformed. You obviously have no actual knowledge of the Windows Phone operating system and have never used a phone equipped with it. As a business software developer myself I know first hand that efficient coding often makes a bigger difference than the hardware running it.Windows phones run smoother on lower speced phones compared to Android counter parts for a reason. The windows app marketplace has tighter controls than Android market for a reason. The apps in Windows marketplace are made sure than they perform adequately for the hardware vs Android where there is little to no policing of the apps and performance can vary wildly due to very poorly written apps.[/citation]

If you are a real developer, you should know that coding has a limit too. And you should also know that more functions, better interface, 3d, more resolution, and multi app at the same time will always require better hardware.

Don't be upset, but you sound like an dos dev and user who wants everything in black and white (or 16 colors, well i don't even remember). Well face it, people don't want that. They want lots of functions, lost of pixels, nice interface (with lots of choices to take), lots of apps running smoothly at the same time, fullhd movies, and all of that at the same time.

Phones are no longer what they used to be, so forget about the 90's and live in the actual world, and take some time to talk to people and ask them what they want from a phone. As a systems engineer and bussiness manager i give you the same advice i give to developers i have under my command: know what users want, don't let yourself be locked in an office in front of yout computer, because you are not working for you, you are working for the users. Maybe someday you will be a real pro and not some low-level novice.

zetzabre

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
[citation][nom]aracheb[/nom]Don't hate batman. It is the only DC comics superhero i like. Give the guy a break, The guy doesn't have any type of supper power, only his brain and a bunch of gadget and a lot of time had owned must of the other super powered super heroes.[/citation]
That's true, but don't forget that in the beginning he was used very frequently for really gay scenes in his own comics.

G

Can get the Lumia 900 for $99 in the States. The batman phone would be cool though. We have issued a handful of the Lumia 900's at work and so far they are great for business phones. We are waiting for WP8 to come out then we will have what we need to make them more functional.

zetzabre

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
[citation][nom]KennyWithaK[/nom]Can get the Lumia 900 for $99 in the States. The batman phone would be cool though. We have issued a handful of the Lumia 900's at work and so far they are great for business phones. We are waiting for WP8 to come out then we will have what we need to make them more functional.[/citation]
$99? Well, that's a good price.

[citation][nom]zetzabre[/nom]And you really think this phone has evolved enough to beat the dual and quad core phones?. Don't forget about the additional software you can get throught the internet, will they run better? how many of them?. Is the price good enough? Well, it's still a little early to say "yes" or "no", i give you that. But i have not really much hope for this phone.[/citation]
I personally do not know, but everyone who has used them has said the same thing, they are much more responsive than iPhones and Androids. Even Steve Wozniak said it was the best phone out there, except for the lack of apps.

There is a good chance it might not game as well as some of these other phones, but I don't really game on my phone. I have a high end PC for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.