Laptop to run games semi-decently for the £400 region

Hello,
I am looking to buy a new laptop to play Guild Wars 2 when it comes out as my current laptop really struggled during the beta. I am aware that the game will likely improve and look better but I still would like improved graphics etc.
Can you recommend any laptops? I was thinking going on dell outlet as that's where I got my old one.

Inspiron 15R - N5110
Inspiron 15R - N5110
Processor: Intel Core i5-2450M (2.50 GHz, 3MB cache)
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
6 GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHZ (2 DIMMs)
750 GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
8X Tray Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)
Display: 15.6in High Definition (720p) LED Display with TrueLife
Graphics: 1 GB Nvidia GeForce GT 525M
English Genuine Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium (64Bit OS)
Wireless : Dell Wireless 802.11g/n + Bluetooth v3.0+HS Card
LCD Back Cover : Diamond Black Switch Cover [Switchable Lid]
6 Cell Primary Battery, 48W
That's £347 not including vat.
Any help would be appreciated
4 answers Last reply
More about laptop run games semi decently 400 region
  1. the hdd in that lappy is sllllloooooow... and will cause texture pop... in most games.
    the gfx will give you minimum settings in games like bad company 2 but will crumple in bf3.

Inspiron 15R - N5110 has lots of different specs ranging from 2.1ghz cpu to 2.6ghz so make sure your getting the rite 1 but ask em if they can put in a 7200rpm 500gig hdd rather than the 5400rpm 750gig.
  2. laptops weren't mean for games .. expecially the cheaper ones. (besides the fact that i doubt you can even game on a desktop for £400)

so you should ask yourself, do i want a laptop, or do i want a games machine?
  3. It won't let me edit the post but:

I'm not expecting massive performance for the price, just want to spend my money wisely so I can play guild wars on low to medium with a half decent fps
  4. in that case your lappy should do what you want from it...
    as GW2 isnt particularly demanding with minimum requirements of a c2d 2.2ghz and a 7800gt for minimum. your listed lappy is easily x2 that performance.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Laptops Video Games