Any opinion or experience with ASUS MX239H?

Anyone has some opinion about ASUS MX239H?
http://www.asus.de/Display/LCD_Monitors/MX239H/
I still can not find the detailed review yet in the net.

I am thinking of buying this to replace my old 19" ASUS VW198T monitor, please see link below to see the spec of my current monitor:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236032

40% office work, 30% watching movies, 30% gaming
Currently played games: Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Tropico 4, Torchlight 2

I saw it on ASUS' website...ASUS MX239H looks really sweet :) ... I just do not know how good or bad it is.

I would go for DELL Ultrasharp 2312HM since I have already seen good reviews but ASUS MX239H is way prettier and it got my attention too.
17 answers Last reply
More about opinion experience asus mx239h
  1. hmmm... still no reply?...
    It seems that ASUS MX239H is not yet popular... :(
    I guess I will wait until the full review is available in the net.
  2. Sh*t...now, I am really confused...
    MX239H is more expensive, a lot prettier but U2312HM is cheaper and more flexible on the desk.
    I can adjust the monitors height, turn it 90', etc. with U2312HM.
    Both of them have a very good picture quality and no noticeable ghosting effects in my eyes.
    It is really hard to decide....beauty or ergonomics?
  3. I'm also looking into the ASUS MX239H myself. But I am not ready to commit to buy until I see more reviews on it. There is a lack of in-depth information regarding the Designo MX Series monitors. Perhaps they are still too new? From what I can tell, they were announced in August 2012, and released in November. I’m interested because there is not a thick plastic bezel, and while it would look great – it makes for easier cleaning and gives an overall clean look as it has a smooth surface to the edges. It stands apart from the crowd and has sort of a “futuristic” look to it.

I'm holding out for Intel's Haswell architecture to come out in June before I seriously start putting together my new build. I'm sick of being stuck with a 19" 1440x900 resolution monitor. Time to upgrade! I hope there is more information on these monitors soon! Also, as a side note - too bad they didn't make the 27" variant 2560x1440. I'm sure they would make a killing if they priced it right.

If you’re not in a rush, I would wait until there is more information regarding the product. A sound educated decision is well worth the wait, knowing that you spent your hard earned money in the right place. Sorry I couldn’t add much information to your search. You are not alone in seeking reviews and opinions on this monitor series. Best of luck!
  4. I just received my MX239H. I recently bought a HP Pavilion 23xi which specs are on par with the Asus but the anti glare coating was too aggressive and bothered me so I ended up getting the MX239H. MX239H has better build quality but unfortunately it has the anti-glare coating too so the screen is matte and not glossy. However it annoys me a little less than 23xi. I've connected both to my Macbook through VGA which is a shame but I couldn't get good/accurate colors(After numerous calibration tries) using Mac's HDMI port so I ended up with VGA.

Its a hard decision but I think I will keep the MX239H and return the 23xi since overall colors on the Asus are more natural and live.
  5. @docken02: yes, you have apoint there. Let see if a revew will come in the next 3-4 weeks. I plan to buy one at the end of March. I still have time to consider which to buy :)

@mehdis82: I already put 23xi out of my list along with ips234v from LG. I believe LG is the IPS manufacturer for other major brands but ips234v built quality is not as good as the others.
  6. @guanyu210379
    After working with it for a few hours and connecting it to a non-mac computer, I like it a lot and I shall say the build quality is def better than any monitor I've seen (except Apple). I had Dell ST2220 before this, and at work I have two dell u2312hm-s. Cannot compare them side by side here, but MX239h seems great. Although despite Asus marketing, audio quality is nothing special.

Update: I found out that the backlight is not uniform. When I load a pure white image, I see a significant blue hue towards the left of the screen. The panel I got might be defective, The replacement is on its way so hopefully that one will be better.
  7. @ mehdis82:
    Thanks for info :)
    Please keep me updated if the replacement has arrived :)
  8. The replacement just arrived and it doesn't have any of the issues that the first monitor had, I think I'll keep this guys. In this price range, cannot find anything better than this.
  9. @mehdis82:
    Thanks, I also thinking to get mx239h instead of the u2312hm.
    Ergonomy is not that important at home.
    Let see if I can get the complete review until end of March.
    The review can still update my mind :)
  10. I changed my mind...
    I am ordering U2412M yesterday :)

I accidentally found that 16:10 24" IPS and I like it a lot more than those 16:9.
    I is a bit overbudget but it worth it
    I can not wait to see when it will arrive. :)
  11. I have one, it's great, would REALLY reccomend it, been using for 3+ months and it is amazing. The image quality is superb, I use it for gaming and it is more than great
  12. My U2412M has arrived for about 3 weeks.
    It is a great monitor for the price.
    I used it for movies, photo editing, writing documents...and..playing games such as ME3, Star Craft 2, Skyrim, Torchlight 2 and Tropico 4.
    It has excellent image quality, adjustable stand, no ghosting effect, etc. :)
  13. Do not buy this monitor. I have bought it and within 8 months I got a huge blue tint on the left side of the screen. I RMA'd and they sent me a brand new one.. The same thing happened a few months later, STAY AWAY FROM THIS MONITOR. My brother also bought one and he had the same problem with his, he had to RMA it.
  14. AVOID THIS MONITOR. I had the same problem of @dyslecix, I bought it last year, and 6 months later it got a huge blue tint on left side, I RMA'd, so I got a new one thinking that my last experience was just bad luck.. 5 months later, a huge blue tint on the right side this time, so DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT BUYING THIS MONITOR. pd: I just created this account to say this because I'm really upset.
  15. Same problem of @dyslecix and @sporting975 , yesterday after 9 months of use, a huge blue hue covering half screen appeared on the left side...I'm RMA'ing it but I'm really disappointed and I fear the problem will comeback.
  16. i equal , after 11 months , is insupportable, today i am going to contact with asus and pccomponentes
  17. I've been using MX239H since last August and haven't faced the issue you guys have been facing. What I've experienced though, is a very very very minor stuttering effect while maximizing/minimizing windows. And most probably I've seen it happening only with Windows 7 and NOT XP.

Does this have anything to do with Window 7 Aero or there's a calibration problem? Because I checked with both GB GTX 770 and onboard VGAs of two mobos (Asus B75M-A & P8H77-V LE). The same thing happens.

I don't know how to calibrate it properly to ensure that I'm getting the best picture out of it. Not sure if calibration will solve this stuttering effect issue too. I still have 2 years' warranty left on it so if it's a monitor issue, I'll RMA it.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Ask a new question

Read More

Flat Panel Monitors Asus Monitors Peripherals Product