Best CPU Under £150 For Video Rending/Gaming

XxCJH123xX

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
Hey I'm looking to start to build my first computer. I know a lot about pc's and building them and I am ready to start building my first custom made computer. The currant system I have is a Dell Inspiron 531 and I have just finished upgrading it so that it is up todays standard (low to mid range pc). I do a lot of HD video rendering for the YouTube channel I have and with the current CPU I have an Athlon 64 X2 6000+ it just doesn't do the job to well as its only a dual core so this is why I want to build a custom pc that I can design for video rendering in specific. I still want it to be able to do normal tasks and work well with games. I don't have a lot of money a would ideally want to pay below £150 so basically I cannot afford to by an i7. I don't mind an AMD or Intel CPU but would i5 still be better than a Phenom II or an FX at video rendering and gaming this is where I would like you to help me out for my budget is it better to go with an i5 or an Phenom II or an FX and also with the budge which would be the best I5, Phenom II or FX I could get?

XxCJH123xX

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

No £150 is my max processor budget so the £150 is for the processor only

XxCJH123xX

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

Thanks for the advice I was looking at the FX due to its 8 cores and lower price tag but the I5 runs faster in a lot of tasks from benchmarks I have seen but over all do you think that the FX will run better for programs like Sony Vegas?

XxCJH123xX

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

Thanks will look into that