I've recently decided on upgrading/building new - gaming desktop, would love for some people with a little bit more experience than me to help me out with components,
What I have already -
PSU - Corsair CP-9020059-UK CXM Builder series 500W Power Supply (Brand new)
CPU - i5 2500k @ 3.3 GHz - Quad Core 1155 socket (Used in my previous rig, can I use in my new one? New motherboard of course)
RAM - DDR3 2x 4GB sticks @ 1600MHz (Used in my previous rig, can I use in my new one? New motherboard of course)
OS - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
What I need -
- Motherboard (I want to use my old CPU @ Socket 1155)
- 1x, 1920x1080+ (20"+ pref) monitor (debating on 2, dependent on budget)
- Case (Will be hoping for a nice GPU therefore BIG case!!!)
- Gaming Mouse
- Gaming headset (requires microphone)
- GPU (Please take into fact this is going to be a gaming build)
What would be nice if any spare dosh -
- SSD to put my OS on
- A second monitor?
- A new hard-drive (My current one I have had for atleast 4 years and never used over 100GB of its capacity
- Addition/new RAM perhaps?
I would really like to buy it from www.Scan.co.uk - So if you've ever used it before please (if possible) refer to their prices!