I want a good graphics card for about £70 whats best?

will336@blueyo

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Hello,
I want a good graphics card for for my core i5 desktop to upgrade the slightly poor nvidia GT9500 it has it, whats best for around £70? I have a good PSU in the system, a 600w OCX

will336@blueyo

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

Yep I reckon I can stretch to that, is it good? I'm not a big gamer or anything, I just want a half decent card, but I don't want anything that is noisy fan wise as I've just fitted a really quiet CPU cooler and an OCZ power supply to make it whisper quiet, I'm a big fan of netflix so thats the main reason for wanting a newer card with an hdmi socket on, my current card does have an hdmi though, but i just want a better card with later/newer drivers

jtenorj

Distinguished
Yes it's good. Not a real barn burner, but the right combo of resolution and settings will let you play most games quite well. I'm in the US, so I like to look at newegg user reviews for stuff like how noisy customers think a card is. The general consensus seems to be that this card is fairly quiet. I do wonder something, though. Is there any chance your 9500gt is a low profile card? Most cards are full height(at least), being 4 inches(10cm) or more in width. Some narrow, smaller form factor systems(that might for example mount an optical drive vertically vs horizontally) use low profile("half height") add in cards in their expansion slots(not really 1/2 the width, but considerably narrower than a full height card). If you need a low profile card, you need to look at a different model. Also, the cooler on this card is large enough that it will take up the space in the expansion slot next to the pcie x16 slot. That may be another consideration for you depending on what other cards you may have installed in your computer. At least this card is fairly short. Hope this helps.

will336@blueyo

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Thanks very much jtenor for advice, yes i have some room so could accommodate a double height card, I see the 7750 is single height, but as you say, the fan depth will prevent the slot below being used, ill need a mini display port to vga cable as my lcd screen only has an old type vga in and the graphics card has no old style vga out, ho hum, thanks again

jtenorj

Distinguished
I'm a little confused. So, you are running netflix out to a tv with the hdmi port and then need a second connection for your older model computer monitor? This card comes with a dvi to vga adapter in the box. Hook your monitor up to the dvi slot via the adapter and your tv via hdmi. Hope this helps.

will336@blueyo

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Ah brilliant, didn't realise card came with dvi to vga adapter, but yes you're correct, i want to watch netflix on a good tv, but obviously when i'm only using the pc then ill be using the normal lcd monitor :)