I know there are tonnes of these threads but I was hoping somebody could give some advice. I've used the guide and bold-ed the important things. Processors and Graphics confuse me so I'm sorry if I don't explain my self very well !
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Nice HD display, 1920 x 1080 would be great if possible on my budget ?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I'm clueless about settings but would like to play newer games like...... Portal, COD, TF2, LOL, Diablo 3 and for them to run ok. I'm not sure if this would be classed as light gaming ?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Watch HD video & browsing, but it would be nice to have something good enough to do editing if I get a taste for it later down the line.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Anything will do. I plan on storing most things on an external drive.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
As long as they ship to the UK, not to fussy but UK based is better. No ebay or 2nd hand though.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Would like at least 3 years out of it.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM is good.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No preference. Had no bad experiences.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Really I'm just looking for the best I can do for £500, I'm not sure if I can even get something suitable for that price ? All advise is greatly appreciated.