Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I've completely messed up my android tablet

Last response: in Tablets
Share
February 13, 2013 5:48:22 PM

Hi everyone, i recently purchased a DGM T-909 Android tablet, and i tried to root it. Then when it turned on it was all in japanese, i had to reset the language and now all of my data is gone. It wont show up on my pc as it says there isnt a driver. It says all its memory is taken up too, and i can't download from the Play store. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
February 13, 2013 5:55:43 PM

hmm interesting, usually when you connect a android device to your pc a window appears on the android device asking you what mode you want the usb connection to operate in and you pick usb/storage or something similar. Does this have a sd card in it? if so can it be removed and accessed from your computer via a card reader?
February 13, 2013 6:14:31 PM

did you goof around creating partitions on the memory? cause I did that once and lost all my data.
Related resources
February 13, 2013 7:35:12 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Laptops & Notebooks to section Cell Phones & Smartphones by Brett928S2
a b Ë Android
February 13, 2013 10:32:36 PM

Thanks Brett. If you hadn't moved this he might have never gotten the help he needs. Now, since I am the self proclaimed Android master of these forums, try these steps. Unfortunately your data is lost at this point, but I'll walk you through doing a master reset and turning it back to factory condition so you can use it again.

First of all, make sure it's powered off. Next, hold the volume up and power buttons for about 10-20 seconds, somewhere in that time frame a menu should appear on the screen.

Use the volume keys to move the cursor up and down, and select the "factory reset" option using the power button. Just click it one time to select it. It will then ask you to confirm your selection. Use the volume keys to navigate once more to the "yes" option and click the power button.

The DGM T-909 is usually factory outfitted with a basic password, at this point it will ask for that password. It should either be 00000000 or 0000. Try the other if one doesn't work.

If for some reason that doesn't work, you'll need to use the Android Developers Kit on your PC and flash the software as it may be missing a couple root files which are necessary for basic function and operation.

If you have any trouble with the above steps let me know, and I'll try and help you use the SDK to flash it.

I will NOT however help you root it, as it's considered a form of hacking. Not up to me, just site rules. I can direct you to the XDA forums though, if you do manage to factory reset it successfully and would like to then attempt rooting again. You can find them here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/
a b Ë Android
February 14, 2013 1:43:36 PM

lewisjk said:
Hi everyone, i recently purchased a DGM T-909 Android tablet, and i tried to root it. Then when it turned on it was all in japanese, i had to reset the language and now all of my data is gone. It wont show up on my pc as it says there isnt a driver. It says all its memory is taken up too, and i can't download from the Play store. Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Find the original ROM to your device online and flash that to it. Yes, you will lose your data when you do a flash unless your files were in a separate card.

Make sure you read all the instructions and warnings next time.
a b Ë Android
February 14, 2013 9:49:08 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Find the original ROM to your device online and flash that to it. Yes, you will lose your data when you do a flash unless your files were in a separate card.

Make sure you read all the instructions and warnings next time.


He already said he's lost his data :p  and I was looking for the stock ROM online for it and couldn't seem to find one for his device. The master reset is likely the best course of action at this point as it will back up from the stock image. All Android devices have a hidden partition that's used for recovery in cases like this. That's why most phones advertised with 2gb internal storage only appear to have about 800mb. 1gb is used for the actual formatted install and the other 200mb is a compressed image of the original software.
July 31, 2013 7:10:15 AM

Apanzee said:
Thanks Brett. If you hadn't moved this he might have never gotten the help he needs. Now, since I am the self proclaimed Android master of these forums, try these steps. Unfortunately your data is lost at this point, but I'll walk you through doing a master reset and turning it back to factory condition so you can use it again.

First of all, make sure it's powered off. Next, hold the volume up and power buttons for about 10-20 seconds, somewhere in that time frame a menu should appear on the screen.

Use the volume keys to move the cursor up and down, and select the "factory reset" option using the power button. Just click it one time to select it. It will then ask you to confirm your selection. Use the volume keys to navigate once more to the "yes" option and click the power button.

The DGM T-909 is usually factory outfitted with a basic password, at this point it will ask for that password. It should either be 00000000 or 0000. Try the other if one doesn't work.

If for some reason that doesn't work, you'll need to use the Android Developers Kit on your PC and flash the software as it may be missing a couple root files which are necessary for basic function and operation.

If you have any trouble with the above steps let me know, and I'll try and help you use the SDK to flash it.

I will NOT however help you root it, as it's considered a form of hacking. Not up to me, just site rules. I can direct you to the XDA forums though, if you do manage to factory reset it successfully and would like to then attempt rooting again. You can find them here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/


Sorry to jump onto a thread. I have a T909 it doesn't seem to go into safe mode to re-install. Ive tried the power button with volume up and the screen goes black. If I do this when plugged into a PC it does the same but the computer does detect something is there. Unidentified Device X No Driver Found then does nothing. I hold the power button for 10 seconds the computer makes a bong sound as though its been unplugged. Hold the power button again it powers on fine. Why can I not get into safe mode settings????

!