So What do you Do for a living?

chulex67

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Hello friends, i have been a member for 1 year or 2, i dont really remember, im at the end of my school life, getting ready for the real world, (geology engineering), my love for computers started when i was 9 years old ,my father owned a Internet Cafe, It was the only one in the small town i lived ,this was in 1998 , My father was constantly improving the computers and the internet conection, so i had alot of used hardware to play, watching him and his partner building computers every weekend asking alot of questions to them "whats this?" what does it do?, annoying them both made my interest for the computers more exiting, at the age of 10, i picked up the used parts in my fathers store and build my first pc without no one knowing, of course i got yelled, but when they saw me installing Windows 2000 on that little bad boy and praised me i knew this was my life call(or love, hey at 10 years old you dont think about this alot) , Years went by, I kept building , choosing, reading, testing hardware, but it all came suddenly to a stop when we closed the store, after that day i had to spend my months money if i wanted something and sometimes, not even 4 months of my allowance was enough, I ended up choosing geology, and wanted to play some online games like 3 years ago, so i came back and Found this Website, Started Reading the Benchmarks, the Reviews, the News, The Debates( sometimes more like warzones), became aware of the Intel, Amd, ATI, Nvidia Fanboys club's. And At the End of the Day i still ask myself, why i didnt study something else, for me, this is a Hobby, Helping people with their builds(sometimes just a little google would answer their questions), Reading the Companys Problems, The Reviews, The Benchmarks, The New Technology , trading blows with my fellow Seniors, etc , etc.

So my question for you guys that love this Pc world Like i Do, its, What do you do for a living?, Did you make a living of your hobby?