Help for read-only files and how to change them usb

arena

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
Hello,
when my usb drive insert the computer show "you need to format the disk in drive J: before you can use it. Do you want to format it?" then when I select to format disk, it show "Windows can't format J Chek to see that the disk and drive are connected properly,make sure that the disk is not read-only,and then try again.For more information,search Help for read-only files and how to change them" How can format it? Please help me it

smayekar912

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Hi Arena,
u didn't mention ur USB Make, Plz Post ur USB make and wich USB Drive u using. USB DVD Drive, Pen Drive or Any other plz Post.

miey

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
ok..i had the same problems.but i tried to format them with other laptop..then it works..i dont know why..but now it im having that same problems.so if you have any other ways to do so..do inform me.

barlireku

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
You can try this:
Right click your Read-only file t select "properties" and remove the mark in front of "Read-only".

shwetam

Reputable
Nov 4, 2014
Hi

can someone please help, im having similar problem with my SD Card, I understand the solution where you untick the "Read Only" in properties but that option is not even there for me.