Do we have a dedicated new forum feed back/gripes/issues/complaints thread ?

Hi,
Well as the new forum is up and running there will obviously be teething issues, Such as all my badges having gone and why is there a banner asking me to signup for updates ? what updates. I'm not about to just sign up without some sort of details.

Cheer's

Mactronix :)

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Hey there!
Badges will be rolled out later this week, but no worries - they have not been lost. Additionally, all progress made between now and then on the new badges will be stored.

We're working out some issues with localization and the UK domain at the moment, and it should be resolved soon.

As for dedicated area, there's Forum Feedback which is where users are being directed to provide any issues or questions they might have about the new platform.

Lol Teething problems! First log on .CO.UK next one .COM and still there but when checking my updated posts in the right hand column (only unread selected) I am getting list of every news article I have commented on in the past which did not happen in the old forum and many old posts displaying as answered by MM but really closed.

Thanks Joe! I switched to a different email, then back to my normal one, and confirmed it, cleared my cache, and it seems to have worked. I can see the mod section now, and am back on the US server.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Awesome to hear, aford10! Will see if we can get the other mods back in, too.

As for the load time, we're still getting situated on the new servers, and it will take some time to cache. Once it does, we're expecting to see a marked increase in load times. Which, in conjunction with making the whole thing ad-free, should be pretty speedy.

That's never worked for me and now I can't seem to get on the .com site.

There has never been an Admin Section on the .co.uk site, can it not just be added using this new funky software?

No, the situation with the front page is almost exactly the same as the only new section is Toms Network but there is still no Admin Section. I did just get an Email alert that you have posted to the spam filter thread though, and that's the first email I've had from this site in over fours years.

Fantastic. Just what I was looking for, as I am in the same boat :)

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Currently, it looks like 9/10ths of the mods are in exile from Moderator Discussions, possibly a "reward" for participating in the beta, or something to do with groups permissions, or something to do with the redirect issues still being hammered out. Either or, no worries, the dark, cavernous batcave that is Mod Discussions is still there and the devs are working on fixing the problem.

On the plus side, most mods have their powers, and have seen their powers now amplified by the new interface. It will take some time to get used to where everything is, but I'm already liking this more, and I'm kinda picky about GUIs.