HAF XM dual 200mm top fan, can't get cover back on

marjak93

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
Hi,
I am writing this post in frustration after having no luck getting the top plastic cover back on after installing a second 200mm top fan on my Cooler Master HAF XM case. I can't seem to find a solution on the internet either.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem, and maybe a solution? Thanks in advance.

Are you lining up all the tabs correctly ? You also want to make sure that all the wires are out of the way. I have the HAF-X case and have had the top cover off many times and I have found that you do want to make sure that everything is in place and out of the way of the six tabs that have to fit in the six slots. There are also a lot of sets of screw holes there and you want to make sure that you have the fan mounted in the right holes.

jmarks

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013

I am having the identical problem. Duplicated the stock 200 mm fan, and the top won't go back on. I cannot figure out what the top is getting hung up on.

The top cover has a lot of places where it can get hung up and all I can say is to try and see that the fan is in the right screw holes and that the led wires are tucked out of the way. Maybe shine a light from below the fans so you can try to see where it gets hung up. I can't help much anymore because I cut the top out for a radiator.

jmarks

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013
I figured it out! The solution is pictured in in the manual, actually, l but it is not immediately apparent. The second fan needs to be turned 90 degrees to the orientation of the first fan. this orientation allows a different set of holes to be used to mount the fan. The top goes on easy as wink.

marjak93

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013

Thank you! I turned it 90 degrees and now the lid goes on without any problems. Kudos to you!