Sign in with
Your question

Are old stats being transferred to the new forum?

Last response: in Forum Feedback
March 11, 2013 10:31:40 AM

Yeah, title pretty much sums it up. Are badges, points etc. being transferred to the new forum?
March 11, 2013 10:44:16 AM

Badges will be launched later this week, and will include all of your legacy badges as well as any you've gained between now and then. In the interim, your profiles might look a little bare, but...bare with us.
m
l
Related resources
March 11, 2013 10:48:34 AM

kyzarvs said:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/toms-hardware-forums-comm... - says all about old stats???

thats all well and good but a lot of us never got the badges we earned in the first place. i for instance have around 250 best answer emails on my toms email. i have 4 badges (on uk) 6 or so on the u.s and only 1 of them is for best answers in the cpu forum. yet i earned most best answers in pc games with nothing to show it.
fair enough if your gonna update all the legacy badges to there correct tally but if there not gonna represent our previous efforts, id rather they didnt show at all as they arnt representative of the efforts we put in.

m
l
March 11, 2013 10:57:57 AM

Between the US and UK, whichever of the two is higher that you gained, that's the one that will be displaying once the badge system is rolled out later this week. Post count will also update at that time to reflect your real numbers. As for previously earned badges, you might end up with more than you remember, as counts will be taken in aggregate from all periods that they accrued. But we can revisit this on an individual basis case by case if yours didn't trigger for some reason.
m
l
March 11, 2013 11:05:33 AM

I hope the join dates arent getting reset like they did the last time... thou I dont mind that it shows I joined in 1970.
Keep it special for us old users, OK? :) 
m
l
March 11, 2013 11:09:34 AM

The join dates are not being reset. Though if you've been with us a while, and you registered before our last platform changeover, yours will still read "1 January 1970".
m
l
March 11, 2013 11:12:50 AM

that's nice :D  thank you!
m
l
March 11, 2013 11:53:45 AM

jpishgar said:
Between the US and UK, whichever of the two is higher that you gained, that's the one that will be displaying once the badge system is rolled out later this week. Post count will also update at that time to reflect your real numbers. As for previously earned badges, you might end up with more than you remember, as counts will be taken in aggregate from all periods that they accrued. But we can revisit this on an individual basis case by case if yours didn't trigger for some reason.

thanks for the reply. no mate mine never did trigger i would likley be at least gold now for pc games and bronze for a few other sections at the least. but like i said i only have 1 badge for the cpu forum which i think was bronze maybe silver not sure as i stopped looking when they stopped showing up for other parts of the forum. the others were for reporting spam so many times in so many months, making comments on toms articles, avatar.

http://s560.beta.photobucket.com/user/hexit71/media/bes... as you can see im not up myself. i use this email only for toms so everything thats listed is just best answers, so even if you guys cant track em i can. the list is actually 7 times what you see here.
anyways mate i know you have lots to do atm so im quite willing to revisit it when you have time.
m
l
March 11, 2013 11:57:36 AM

Interestingly enough, one of the spots I'd like to add badges for once we're done with the transition is gaming, both PC and console. The cool thing about adding badges now is we can add them based on tags. So any questions that were tagged with gaming, that you already received a best answer for, would count. First things first though - making sure the transition is as bug-light as possible and rallying up all the mods in exile.
m
l
March 11, 2013 11:59:47 AM

lol. round up... always fun... good luck with the roll out.
m
l
March 11, 2013 12:49:45 PM

I was slightly dismayed to see the stats loss but on the other hand look forward to building em back up (once I'm familiar with the new layout)
One suggestion though, C.M. Awards,
Cable management badges that only I can hand out to those deserving of my praise in the field of Wire hiding :p 
Moto
m
l
March 12, 2013 2:29:21 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
I was slightly dismayed to see the stats loss but on the other hand look forward to building em back up (once I'm familiar with the new layout)
One suggestion though, C.M. Awards,
Cable management badges that only I can hand out to those deserving of my praise in the field of Wire hiding :p 
Moto

Don't get me started on cable management...
m
l
March 12, 2013 12:15:49 PM

Something to hide Milez? :p 
I'm sure I've seen a rig of yours in the gallery somewhere, must go check hehe
Moto
m
l
March 13, 2013 6:31:42 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
Something to hide Milez? :p 
I'm sure I've seen a rig of yours in the gallery somewhere, must go check hehe
Moto

Had to fit a new SSD in a client's machine last week. Took 2 hours to figure out the cabling and get it sorted before I could physically get it fitted and connected. Was going to do before and afters but forgot.
m
l
!