Solved

Answer Button non function

Anyone else experiencing non-functioning answer button?
18 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about answer button function
  1. working fine for me in the uk
  2. What seems to be the problem? Are you clicking the "Answer This" button and it doesn't take you anywhere, or are you getting an error of some sort?
  3. Scroll further down to the 'Your answer' box, thats working for me,
    I'm in the UK as well but the 'Post an answer' box is intermittent
    Moto
  4. Testing Your answer box
  5. Ah well, that works, some tinkering to do yet, methinks...
  6. I'm sure these bugs and suchlike will be worked out in the near future but for now, keep reporting anything you come across to help the Management identify issues :)
    Moto
  7. Much obliged, Motopsychojdn!
  8. The answer is to not use Windows 8 Internet Explorer 10! 1st to post that in this thread gets a 'pick as solution' which I presume is the same as the old 'Best Answer' and I can't award myself, even though I found it....
    Edit
    As other versions of Ie are experiencing probs, try Firefox, it's working for me...
  9. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll let the devs know!
  10. Best answer
    **The answer is to not use Windows 8 Internet Explorer 10**
    After hours of research I managed to find this out for you, no worries, its what I do hehe,
    And thankyou Jp for the Nod, I think its only right for us to help you help us, you can't fix what you don't know is broke :)
    Moto
  11. Its broken for me on the reply area. " > Answer" is the button, click it, nothing

IE9 windows 7.

so the windows 8, ie 10 isn't the problem.
  12. p.s. you can't edit your answer either, you get the same

> Answer

pain in the you know what to reply to someone, edit the text in the reply page, then copy/paste it to the bottom of the thread page where you can click on "Submit your answer"
  13. noob2222 said:
    Its broken for me on the reply area. " > Answer" is the button, click it, nothing

IE9 windows 7.

so the windows 8, ie 10 isn't the problem.

Hmmm. Wonder could it be an add-on? See my other thread for list of Add-ons I have enabled, check for similar?
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1622471/function-answer-button.html#10487238
    Do you see Avatars displayed normally? (I'm not seeing any with Ie10...)
    Meanwhile use Firefox till they suss the Ie prob...
  14. I have very few addons installed, will check later.

Checking with my phone, seems to work fine, can edit snd the > answer button works. Avatars are normal in both cases.
  15. Eureka! Posting from fully functional Ie 10! Discovered it was working in Compatibility Mode, once disabled all appears to be working fine.
  16. Answer button works, but the above post to so long to appear I thought it wasn't working!
  17. noob2222 said:
    I have very few addons installed, will check later.

Checking with my phone, seems to work fine, can edit snd the > answer button works. Avatars are normal in both cases.

Testing a 'Reply to'
  18. Great to hear that everything resolved. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Tom's Hardware