Non function Answer Button 2

jpishgar said:
What seems to be the problem? Are you clicking the "Answer This" button and it doesn't take you anywhere, or are you getting an error of some sort?

Tried both 'Answer This' and 'Reply', Answer button responds but does nothing.
Only way I can continue is to start a new thread!
15 answers Last reply
More about function answer button
  1. Are you using Tom's Hardware, or Tom's Guide? You should be seeing "Post a new thread", "Post an answer" and "Submit your Answer" as buttons for this thread, for instance. If you don't, you might want to hard refresh (Ctrl+Shift+F5) your browser, clear your cache, or log out/in. The only spot you should see the "Answer This" button would be to the right of the thread under the general thread browsing view.
  2. This is what I see(In Tom's Hardware)

Only 'Submit Your Answer' worked.
  3. Oh, and doesn't seem to work! Try a link
    http://prntscr.com/vz9ij
  4. What browser are you using? Is that IE, Chrome or Firefox?
  5. Posted a link in the last answer, strange result, and tried to post an image from Lightshot in the one before, that didn't work either!
    I'll paste the link again below...

http://prntscr.com/vz9ij

It's what I see in Tom's Hardware.
  6. 'Update This' produces a blank page with one line
    )]; nielsenImg.src = nielsenUrl.join('');
  7. I'm using Ie10 in Windows 8 64bit
  8. I'm now in Firefox. 'Reply' and 'Update this' result in Error 404 'Page not found
  9. However, 'Post an Answer' worked that time...
  10. Oops, shouldn't have put img in square brackets, cut the post off. Was reporting that the image displayed ok in Firefox, and that I am able to post more than 3 replies in a row, great for problem solving Tom's but in future??
  11. Spotted 'Delete Answer' in the broken post, thought 'what a good idea'- doesn't work. Just got a thin window and a never ending timer icon as below
  12. Fired up a Windows 7 machine with Ie9, seems better. Would appear that Win 8 and Ie10 are causing problems. Another observation, avatars appearing normally in F'fox and Ie 9 but not in Ie10. Also noted that Edit and Quick edit are not displayed properly in Ie10. Full Edit worked on this post, but Quick Edit resulted in a 404 Not Found, or did not respond at all. Tried clearing Cache on Ie10 to no avail, hard refresh does nothing at all...
  13. dodger46 said:
    Fired up a Windows 7 machine with Ie9, seems better. Would appear that Win 8 and Ie10 are causing problems. Another observation, avatars appearing normally in F'fox and Ie 9 but not in Ie10. Also noted that Edit and Quick edit are not displayed properly in Ie10. Full Edit worked on this post, but Quick Edit resulted in a 404 Not Found, or did not respond at all. Tried clearing Cache on Ie10 to no avail, hard refresh does nothing at all...

Hi dodger46
    I wasn't able to reproduce this problem on Win8 64bits + IE10. Do you have any plugin on your IE10? Are you in "normal" mode , not "developer mode", "quirks" or anything like that?
    Do you have the same issues on IE10 logged-in or not?

Eventually you can try to clear the cache of IE10: open the developer console (F12) then do Ctrl+D
  14. Ie10 in 'Normal' as far as I know, just cleared cache to no avail. (I'll know things are ok when avatars appear!)
    Add-ons as below

Version
  15. Ie 10 was in Compatibility Mode, once disabled, all working as it should.
Ask a new question

Read More

Tom's Hardware