Non function Answer Button 2

Tried both 'Answer This' and 'Reply', Answer button responds but does nothing.
Only way I can continue is to start a new thread!

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Are you using Tom's Hardware, or Tom's Guide? You should be seeing "Post a new thread", "Post an answer" and "Submit your Answer" as buttons for this thread, for instance. If you don't, you might want to hard refresh (Ctrl+Shift+F5) your browser, clear your cache, or log out/in. The only spot you should see the "Answer This" button would be to the right of the thread under the general thread browsing view.

This is what I see(In Tom's Hardware)
Rh080i1.png

Only 'Submit Your Answer' worked.

Fired up a Windows 7 machine with Ie9, seems better. Would appear that Win 8 and Ie10 are causing problems. Another observation, avatars appearing normally in F'fox and Ie 9 but not in Ie10. Also noted that Edit and Quick edit are not displayed properly in Ie10. Full Edit worked on this post, but Quick Edit resulted in a 404 Not Found, or did not respond at all. Tried clearing Cache on Ie10 to no avail, hard refresh does nothing at all...

lourson

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2007

Hi dodger46
I wasn't able to reproduce this problem on Win8 64bits + IE10. Do you have any plugin on your IE10? Are you in "normal" mode , not "developer mode", "quirks" or anything like that?
Do you have the same issues on IE10 logged-in or not?

Eventually you can try to clear the cache of IE10: open the developer console (F12) then do Ctrl+D