need help have no clue

mattybear87

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
hay guys just joined love the site by the way, i am looking for a graphics card for as cheap as possible to play shogun 2, i have looked but there always seams to be something wrong with my system. here is my system specs,
cpu, Intel duo E8500 overclocked to 3.6 GHz
mobo, gigabyte G41mt-sp2 socket 775
Ram, 8 GB
psu not sure what make but its a 500 w
graphics card radeon hd 6450
i am on windows 7 64 bit ultimate,
i don't really want to spend more than £50 pounds is possible hope you guys can help
thanks.

SHIELDHEAD

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
I'll be rather honest with you. I don't see a way for you to further upgrade your computer to play modern games such as Shogun 2. Socket 775 is considered old technology now and any modern graphics card will just get bottle necked from your older CPU. My honest opinion is to save up for a new computer around a $500-$700 price point.

**Probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but unless your playing games at 800 x 600 I don't see upgrade options for you.

mattybear87

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
hi thank you for your answer the cpu is fairly quick on my other total war games like napoleon, but your right about the mobo its not great but i am not into hardcore gaming just total war lol, i could go and get another computer tomorrow, but not had this one long lol. I have had a radeon hd 7570 in it which worked well.

thank you very much for your comments.