Case Cooling Maximization Advice?

rawrinc_48

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
mwfv60.jpg

I added red to where radiators will be and white where fans will be. Which fans should be exhaust or intake for maximum air flow (case will be opened like that too). Also I'm not sure whether or not to put a fan on the bottom or the front...
Thanks for any advice!!

BadPeteNo

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Running the case open will ruin your cooling. You're trying to create a kind of wind tunnel effect. With a bottom mounted psu, the general idea is intake in the front and bottom, exhaust in the top and back.

^ +1 IMO exactly right
although I use the term "laminar airflow" rather than "wind tunnel" which to me implies high speed laminar airflow (symantics)

ericjohn004

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Your intake fans as already said should be on the front. Where your radiators are absolutely need to be exhaust. Because they are cooling off water, therefore they will be pushing hot air, and hot air needs to exit the case. And you other top mounted fan needs to be exhaust. So the fan you have at the botto should be the only intake fan if you decide to put it there. I would just put two 120mm fans on the front of the case. You got 3 exhaust fans so I would think you'd want at least 2 intake fans for maximum cooling.

TRENDING THREADS