Power pins on msi z77a-g45?

JMG1990

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
I just hooked up my new components and am trying to do a boot test before mounting the mobo into the case. I was follwing the newegg tutorial on "How to build a computer part ii" and the guy says you have to short the two power pins in order for it to boot up. Where do i locate these on the msi z77a-g45 and is this safe?

BadPeteNo

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
First: Yes, this is safe. I've had phone techs tell me to do it. This is all the switch on your case does. It's called a momentary switch because it momentarily closes the circuit between the two pins, which tells the computer to turn on.

For your board, it looks like the front panel connectors are at the bottom below the clip at the back of the last pcie slot. They're labeled jfp1 and jfp2. There's a tiny legend printed next to it that will tell you which pins are which. You're looking for something to the effect of pwr sw+ and pwr sw-. The resolution isn't good enough for me to read it.

Hope that helps

JMG1990

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
Thanks for the reply - I appreciate it.

Found it in the manual shortly after posting and have the computer setup. It's running perfectly and all is well.

TRENDING THREADS