Questions about gaming in 3x1 portrait config

I'm in no rush to do this, but I've read about and realized some drawbacks to this idea, but I'm still left with some questions.

Drawbacks I'm aware of, and questions about them:
1. The bezels - how hard is it to find and mount some screen magnifiers (e.g. fresnel lenses) to cancel out the bezel gaps?
2. Compatibility - if I play a legacy game like Diablo 2 (without using the unofficial patch/mod I saw once that's supposed to enable higher resolutions), would I (a) be able to configure GPU scaling to stretch it to all 3 monitors (with black bars for preserving correct aspect ratio), (b) be limited to running it on one monitor (with big black areas above and below), or (c) be unable to run the game at all? If the answer varies between AMD Eyefinity and nVidia Surround, I'd like to know both (by the time I'm ready to do this, if ever, I'll probably be willing to consider changing my video card as well).
3. Subpixel font smoothing - Windows only supports horizontal subpixel layout for ClearType, which makes some sense since looking at a sans-serif font like Arial, there are more characters with vertical lines than with horizontal lines. Are there any 21-23 inch 1920x1080 non-TN-panel monitors that have vertical subpixel layout in landscape mode that would become horizontal in portrait mode?

I found this page that lists several drawbacks to using fresnel lenses to cancel out bezel gaps (and shows that custom mounts would be necessary for the lenses):
http://home.comcast.net/~rwkeating/autosim/th2go/
I'm still curious about questions 2 and 3, though. It seems like the answer to #3 is no, but I have been completely unsuccessful at finding the answer to #2.

TRENDING THREADS