Need a Video card with 3 DVI outputs

bridgetfisher

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
Can anyone reccomend a good video card for 3 dvi outputs from their experiences?

I will not be using the computer for gaming.
I do not need to use eyefinity.
Not sure if 3 dvi cards even exist or ever did, guess I could go with 2 dvi and one hdmi if I needed to.
Id like to go with Nvidia, one of my problems is the 660-680 look the same, I dont need the power of a 690 so Im not getting that one.

bridgetfisher

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
So should I get a 670 or a 680, thanks for the adapter idea I could figure that out or order one from newegg or amazon if anyone can reccomend a good one that would be great.

From looking at the 680 and 670 seems they are almost the same, the 680 seems to have more problems because its more sophisticated. Since its sort of a lazy computer no gaming should I get a 670? Im not sure how well a 670 could handle 3 monitors. My gaming computer has the 690 yet only one monitor go figure right :p

I just want one that will work with 3 monitors and not give me alot of issues, can the 670 produce independent signals to both dvi and the hdmi. So i can have my 3 monitors, 2 dvi and one HDMI?

Kari

Splendid
well if you're not going to be gaming on it I really don't see the need for such a high end card, even a lowly gtx650 should be able to do it. As far as I know it has the same output logic as the higher end cards.

edit or do you need the horse power for something else, like rendering, GPGPU stuff or some such?

darkspartenwarrior

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Active adapters are only needed if you are running Eyefinity or Surround and even then those all require every monitor past the 2nd to be a Displayport.

Any old adapter should be fine.

bridgetfisher

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013

Hmmm I am not sure, I use it for some hobby video editing but nothing that fancy. Is that what the 680 is for? usually when I edit I use the main screen for editing and the preview screen is on the other monitor. while the third might have skype open or email.

I wont be using eyefinity, just using them normal no gaming, hobby video editing, I ust notice alot of complaints form people about how the 680 needs alot of tweaks and such, so does anyone own a 650 or higher with 3 monitors? Theoretically it should work, but then again alot of things theoretically are possible.